The CNMS Nanofabrication Research Laboratory comprises 10,000 ft2 of class 100/1000 clean room space housing several best-in-class lithographic, etching, thin-film deposition, and characterization tools.
- Assistance with design of process flow to implement users’ device concepts using the facilities housed in the CNMS Nanofabrication Research Laboratory.
NEW! Raith Velion
General Cleanroom Tools
- Heidelberg DWL 66 Direct-Write Lithography Tool primarily used for the production of contact lithographic masks used with the Suss Microtech Contact Aligner, but can also be used for direct-write and grayscale lithographies. Three writing heads are available to allow both rapid mask production and high resolution. Features as small as 600 nm have been reproduced using contact lithography.
- Veeco Atomic Force Microscope for the characterization of nanoscale structures and patterns including nanopatterned monolayers and thin films.
- EDAX energy dispersive x-ray spectroscopy (EDS)
Attached to the FEI Novalab 600 Dual-Beam System this characterization tool facilitates elemental mapping of nonplanar samples.
- Rame-Hart model 590 automated goniometer quantifies changes in surface energy and wettability, providing essential measurement capabilities for preparing surfaces for use in microfluidic experiments.