The Merlin FE-SEM overcomes the conflict between image resolution and analytical capability. The core of Merlin is the GEMINI column which achieves an image resolution of 1 nanometer. A sample current of up to 300 nanoamperes is available for analytical purposes with the Bruker energy dispersive X-ray spectroscopy (EDS) system.
- Investigation of CNMS Nanofabrication Research Laboratory devices and structures
- Characterize nanomaterials such as carbon nanostructures, engineered and self-organized nanosystems, thin-films and nanocomposite materials.
- Local Charge Compensation
- Plasma Cleaner
- STEM Detector and TEM grid holder
- In-Lens Detector
- SE2 Detector
- Backscatter Detector
- Inlens EsB (Energy select backscatter) Detector
- Chamber Scope
- Stage Camera
- Bruker EDS with solid-state detector