The Oxford Instruments PlasmaLab System 100 Plasma Enhanced Chemical Vapor Deposition (PECVD) tool is used to deposit a variety of thin-film materials at relatively modest temperatures on a variety of substrate materials. The tool utilizes one or two RF generators to deposit thin films at temperatures lower than traditional chemical vapor deposition systems.
Silicon dioxide, porous silicon oxide, silicon nitride, silicon oxynitride, amorphous silicon thin-film depositions.
Electrical insulator, gate dielectric, MEMS device material, sacrificial etch layer, etch hard mask, passivation layer, free standing cantilevers and membranes, fluidic platforms, etc..
- Heated electrode (30 to 650 °C)
- Dual frequency 500 Watt RF generators
- Stress control during deposition process
- 4” wafer processing down to small chips
- 4” cross wafer thickness uniformity typically <+/-3%