Shih-Chieh Kao, manager of the Water Power program at ORNL, has been named a fellow of the American Society of Civil Engineer’s Environmental & Water Resources Institute, or EWRI.
Area of Research
- Advanced Manufacturing (35)
- Biological Systems (1)
- Biology and Environment (33)
- Building Technologies (11)
- Chemistry and Physics at Interfaces (1)
- Clean Energy (348)
- Climate and Environmental Systems (1)
- Computer Science (1)
- Electricity and Smart Grid (22)
- Energy Frontier Research Centers (1)
- Energy Sciences (2)
- Fossil Energy (2)
- Functional Materials for Energy (2)
- Fusion and Fission (5)
- Fusion Nuclear Science (1)
- Materials (55)
- Materials for Computing (11)
- Materials Under Extremes (1)
- National Security (10)
- Neutron Science (12)
- Nuclear Science and Technology (10)
- Nuclear Systems Technology (1)
- Quantum information Science (1)
- Renewable Energy (1)
- Sensors and Controls (6)
- Supercomputing (28)
- Transportation Systems (15)
As a researcher in power electronics, Shajjad Chowdhury is focused on exceeding capacity.
Inspired by one of the mysteries of human perception, an ORNL researcher invented a new way to hide sensitive electric grid information from cyberattack: within a constantly changing color palette.
On the grounds of the University of Maine’s Advanced Structures and Composites Center sits the nation’s first additively manufactured home made entirely from biobased materials - BioHome3D.
SAE International has awarded ORNL Buildings and Transportation Science Division Director Robert Wagner with the SAE Medal of Honor for his dedication and support of the organization’s mission of advancing mobility solutions.
Climate change often comes down to how it affects water, whether it’s for drinking, electricity generation, or how flooding affects people and infrastructure.
Marm Dixit, a Weinberg Distinguished Staff Fellow at ORNL has received the 2023 Rosalind Franklin Young Investigator Award.
Oak Ridge National Laboratory researchers have developed an online resource to help consumers understand the electric vehicle tax credits available through the Inflation Reduction Act.
Researchers at ORNL are helping modernize power management and enhance reliability in an increasingly complex electric grid.
Nine engineers from ORNL visited 10 elementary and middle school classrooms in three school districts during National Engineers Week, Feb.