I am leading several projects with industry, national labs, and academia members on solving challenges raised by high penetration of power electronics in grids. I received my Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in electrical engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai, India, in 2010, and the Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering from Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, USA, in 2015. My main research interests include applied mathematics for different power electronics and power systems applications like modeling and simulation algorithms, optimal control, and design of power electronics in various applications such as renewables, HVdc systems, high-power drives, microgrids, solid-state lighting, among others.
- Elevated to IEEE Senior Member, an honor bestowed only to those who have made significant contributions to the profession (≈ 10%).
- IEEE PES best paper award for paper in IEEE PES-GM conference in 2020.
- IEEE IES award for the best student paper in IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics in 2016.
- Certificate of appreciation for being an exceptional reviewer for IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery.
- Best poster award in the Building Research Collaborations: Electrical Systems Workshop, 2013.
- Honor mention recipient of the Link Foundation Energy Fellowship Program for the years 2013-2015.
- Among top 0.5% of more than 200,000 students who had taken the Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Examination (IIT-JEE 2005).
- Awarded several Department of Energy (DOE) grants worth multi-million in 2018-2020.
- Opal-RT real-time simulator (OP5600).
- TI C2000 microcontroller (TMS320F28035), C6678 multi-core DSP.
- Solar panels.
- Converters: AC-DC, DC-DC.
- Machines: Induction machine, synchronous machine, permanent magnet synchronous machine, DC machine.