- Structure-process-property determination of anisotropic multiphasic polymeric systems
- Supercritical fluid and melt processing of polymers, composites, and cellular materials.
- Mechanics of materials, modeling and analysis of adhesion and failure in composites, probing molecular dynamics of polymers
- Synthesis and upcycling of bio-based materials into sustainable materials and nanocomposites
Ph.D. in Polymer Science and Engineering 2018
University of Massachusetts Amherst, Advisor: Prof. Alan J. Lesser
Dual degree (B. Tech.+M. Tech.) in Polymer Science and Technology 2012
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
Trademarks and Patents
N. Kanbargi, A.J. Lesser, W. Zhao, S.P. Agarwal, and M. Rackaitis: Methods for modification of aramid fibers (US Patent 10,738,418)
• N. Kanbargi, M.J. van Erp, and A.J. Lesser. “Anisotropic cellular structures from semi-crystalline polymer templates.” Journal of Polymer Science 2020
• N. Kanbargi and A.J. Lesser. “Improving adhesion between aramid fibers and natural rubber through morphological and synthetic modification of the fibers.” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 135(24) (2018): 45520.
• N. Kanbargi, W. Hu, and A.J. Lesser. “Degradation mechanism of poly (p-phenylene-2, 6-benzobisoxazole) fibers by 31P solid-state NMR.” Polymer Degradation and Stability 136 (2017): 131-138.
• R.S. Diggikar, V.M. Dhavale, D.B. Shinde, N. Kanbargi, M.V. Kulkarni, B.B. Kale. “Morphology controlled synthesis of LiV2O5/Ag nanocomposite nanotubes with enhanced electrochemical performance.” Royal Society of Chemistry Advances 2(8) (2012): 3231-3233.