- Ph.D., 2010, Industrial, Welding and Systems Engineering, The Ohio State University
- M.S., 2005, Department of Modern Mechanics, University of Science & Technology of China.
- B.S., 2002, Materials Science and Engineering, Jiangsu University, China
Dr. Chen has significant experimental and analytical experiences in developing advanced materials joining and processing technologies and the associated control and monitoring technologies. His research area includes:
- Advanced materials joining and processing techniques
- Advanced in-situ monitoring and control technologies during materials joining and allied manufacturing processes.
- Real-time non-destructive examination (NDE) of weld quality and materials properties.
- Integrated Computational Materials Engineering (ICME) modeling of additive manufacturing process
Journal: Journal of Magnesium and Alloys
Journal: Journal of Nuclear Materials