R&D Staff Scientist
- Ph.D. Materials Science and Engineering, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA, 2007.
- M.S. Metallurgical Engineering, Pusan National University, Republic of Korea, Pusan, 2002.
- B.S. Materials Science and Engineering, Pusan National University, Republic of Korea, Pusan, 2000.
- Computational thermodynamics (CALPHAD) and first-principles calculations based on density functional theory (DFT).
- Phase stabilities and properties prediction of energy materials.
- Structural materials (metal alloys and ceramics).
- Nuclear materials.
- Energy storage/conversion/harvesting materials.
- 2010 to present: Research and Development Staff, Surface Processing and Mechanics Group.
- 2007 to 2010: Post-doctoral Research Fellow, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL.
- 2002 to 2007: Graduate Research Assistant.
2011 Young Leader Professional Development Award, The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society (TMS) Light Metals Division.
2010 Alvin M. Weinberg Fellowship, Oak Ridge National Laboratory.