- Particulate filter research may enable more fuel-efficient vehicles
- GM revs up diesel combustion modeling on Titan supercomputer
- Transportation—Better charging access
- Stacy Davis: Changing the world through data
- Sensible driving saves more gas than drivers think
- Nanoscale engineering for better separations: Michael Hu
Who we are
The National Transportation Research Center (NTRC) at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) is the most comprehensive transportation technology facility in the DOE laboratory system and leverages ORNL’s world-leading science capabilities to address national transportation challenges. The facility supports research focused on vehicle electrification, engines and emission controls, new materials for future systems, and data science and automated vehicle technologies—transforming new scientific discoveries into early stage technologies for commercialization by America’s transportation industries. As a User Facility, NTRC offers industry, academia, and other agencies the opportunity to access state-of-the-art equipment and instrumentation as well as a cross-disciplinary staff with expertise in coupling basic and applied science to advance transportation technologies.