Oak Ridge National Laboratory is currently seeking researchers in artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) at all levels, including experienced leaders and entry-level and postdoctoral positions. To view employment opportunities, visit jobs.ornl.gov.
ORNL’s AI & ML Initiative harnesses the laboratory’s unique suite of expertise, compute capabilities, and facilities to solve some of the nation’s most daunting challenges in R&D and national security.
ORNL’s AI and ML Initiative is seeking researchers with experience and interests in:
- Novel algorithms and accelerated learning for modeling physical and biological systems
- Innovative applications of AI and ML for science and national security
- Design, training, and analysis of neural networks to capture relationships in complex data
- Statistical and ML algorithms, particularly for large data sets and analysis of ensembles
- Methods for dealing with sparse and unlabeled data, including reinforcement and representation learning
- Quantification of uncertainty in ML models
- Validation and explainability of AI and ML for control systems and national security applications
- Scalable learning algorithms focused on accelerated node architectures such as ORNL’s Summit and other leading systems
- Use of AI to assist researchers and decision makers
ORNL equips its staff to build their credentials and to become leaders in their fields. The laboratory strategically recruits top researchers from around the world, works with them to define high-impact goals, and provides the resources required for success— from facilities and instruments to collaborations and professional development. And . . .
East Tennessee is a great place to live, work, and play.
Home to the Great Smoky Mountains, the region offers plenty of outdoor recreation including hiking, camping, kayaking, and skiing. Nearby Knoxville has been recognized as one of the country’s best places to live and boasts a lively downtown with dining, nightlife, and music and art scenes. And just in case you want to getaway for the weekend, Knoxville is within a day’s drive of 75 percent of the nation’s population and many of the East Coast’s major cities.
If you are interested in joining ORNL’s growing AI and ML research team, or would like more information, contact Kate Carter at (865) 574-1293 or email@example.com.