Neutron Scattering Scientist
Ph.D. in Physics, Johns Hopkins University
Excellence in Research Award First Place, 2016
AIP | APL Materials
Sentinels of Science Awards, 2016
Honoring the highest achievers in peer review across the world's journals.
SPOT Safety Award, 2009
Argonne National Laboratory
For behavior that not only contributes to a better workplace, but keeps us going strong.
* May, Andrew F., Yaohua Liu, Stuart Calder, David S. Parker, Tribhuwan Pandey, Ercan Cakmak, Huibo Cao, Jiaqiang Yan, and Michael A. McGuire. "Magnetic order and interactions in ferrimagnetic Mn3Si2Te6." Physical Review B 95, no. 17 (2017): 174440.
* Paddison, Joseph AM, Marcus Daum, Zhiling Dun, Georg Ehlers, Yaohua Liu, Matthew B. Stone, Haidong Zhou, and Martin Mourigal. "Continuous excitations of the triangular-lattice quantum spin liquid YbMgGaO4." Nature Physics 13, no. 2 (2017): 117-122.
* Newhouse-Illige, Ty, Yaohua Liu et al. "Voltage-controlled interlayer coupling in perpendicularly magnetized magnetic tunnel junctions." Nature Communications 8 (2017).
* Patel, Ketan, Victoria Blair, Justin Douglas, Qilin Dai, Yaohua Liu, Shenqiang Ren, and Raymond Brennan. "Structural Effects of Lanthanide Dopants on Alumina." Scientific reports 7 (2017).
* Cao, Shi et al. "Electronic structure and direct observation of ferrimagnetism in multiferroic hexagonal YbFeO3." Physical Review B 95, no. 22 (2017): 224428.
* Maranville, Brian B., Brian J. Kirby, Alexander J. Grutter, Paul A. Kienzle, Charles F. Majkrzak, Yaohua Liu, and Cindi L. Dennis. "Measurement and modeling of polarized specular neutron reflectivity in large magnetic fields." Journal of applied crystallography 49, no. 4 (2016): 1121-1129.
* Liu, Yaohua, J. Tornos, S. G. E. te Velthuis, J. W. Freeland, H. Zhou, P. Steadman, P. Bencok, C. Leon, and J. Santamaria. "Induced Ti magnetization at La0. 7Sr0. 3MnO3 and BaTiO3 interfaces." APL Materials 4, no. 4 (2016): 046105.
* Xu, Xiaoshan, Xiaozhe Zhang, Yuewei Yin, Balamurugan Balasubramanian, Bhaskar Das, Yaohua Liu, Ashfia Huq, and David J. Sellmyer. "Anti-site mixing and magnetic properties of Fe3Co3Nb2 studied via neutron powder diffraction." Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics 50, no. 2 (2016): 025002.
* Y. Liu and X. Ke. "Interfacial magnetism in complex oxide heterostructures probed by neutrons and x-rays (Topical Review)", J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 27, 373003 (2015).
* M. Huijben, Y. Liu, H. Boschker, V. Lauter, R. Egoavil, J. Verbeeck, S. G. E. te Velthuis, G. Rijnders, and G. Koster. "Enhanced Local Magnetization by Interface Engineering in Perovskite-Type Correlated Oxide Heterostructures." Adv. Mater. Interfaces 2, 1400416 (2015).
* C. Bi, Y. Liu et al. "Reversible Control of Co Magnetism by Voltage-Induced Oxidation." Phys. Rev. Lett. 113, 267202 (2014).
* F. A. Cuellar, Y. H. Liu et al. "Reversible electric-field control of magnetization at oxide interfaces." Nature Communications 5, 4215 (2014).
* Y. Liu, J. M. Lucy, A. Glavic, H. Ambaye, V. Lauter, F. Y. Yang, and S. G. E. te Velthuis. "Effects of strain and buffer layer on interfacial magnetization in Sr2CrReO6 films determined by polarized neutron reflectometry." Phys. Rev. B 90, 104416 (2014).
* Y. Liu, F. A. Cuellar, Z. Sefrioui, J. W. Freeland, M. R. Fitzsimmons, C. Leon, J. Santamaría, and S. G. E. te Velthuis. "Emergent Spin Filter at the Interface between Ferromagnetic and Insulating Layered Oxides." Phys. Rev. Lett. 111, 247203 (2013).
* L. Y. Zhu, Y. Liu, F. S. Bergeret, J. E. Pearson, S. G. E. te Velthuis, S. D. Bader, and J. S. Jiang. "Unanticipated proximity behavior in ferromagnet-superconductor heterostructures with controlled magnetic noncollinearity." Phys. Rev. Lett. 110, 177001 (2013).
* Y. Liu, C. Visani et al. "Effect of Interface-Induced Exchange Fields on Cuprate-Manganite Spin Switches." Phys. Rev. Lett. 108, 207205 (2012).
* Y. Liu, S. te Velthuis, J. S. Jiang, Y. Choi, S. D. Bader, A. A. Parizzi, H. Ambaye, and V. Lauter. "Magnetic structure in Fe/Sm-Co exchange spring bilayers with intermixed interfaces." Phys. Rev. B 83, 174418 (2011).
* Y. Liu, S. Watson, T. Lee, J. Gorham, H. Katz, J. Borchers, H. Fairbrother, and D. Reich. "Correlation between microstructure and magnetotransport in organic semiconductor spin-valve structures." Phys. Rev. B 79, 075312 (2009).