Tomas Grejtak a postdoctoral research associate in the Surface Engineering & Tribology Group, Materials Science and Technology Division. His research focuses on wear, friction, materials deformation and contact mechanics of various materials and systems ranging from ultra-low wear thin film coatings to hard biomaterials. Grejtak has an extensive expertise in materials characterization including wear and friction experiments, nanoindentation, and high resolution microscopy.
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA, 2022
- M.E., Mechanical Engineering, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA, 2019
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Midwestern State University, Wichita Falls, TX, 2016
- Grejtak, T., Jia, X., Cunniffe, A.R., Shi, Y., Babuska, T.F., Pack, R.C., Vermaak, N., Compton, B.G., Krick, B.A., “Whiskers Orientation controls wear of 3D-printed nanocomposites”. Additive Manufacturing. 2020. DOI: 10.1016/j.addma.2020.101515
- Babuska, T.F., Curry, J.F., Dugger, M.T., Lu, P., Xin, Y., Klueter, S., Kozen, A.C., Grejtak, T., Krick, B.A., “Role of environment on the Shear-Induced Structural Evolution of MoS2 and impact on oxidation and tribological properties for space applications”, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2022. doi.org/10.1021/acsami.1c24931
- Grejtak, T., “Evolution-structure-property-relationships of tissues drive functionality in slicing and grinding dentitions”. Dissertation thesis. Lehigh University. January 2022.
- Chowdhury, M.I., Sowa, M., Van Meter, K.E., Babuska, T.F., Grejtak, T., Kozen, A.C., Krick, B.A., Strandwitz, N.C., “Plasma-enhanced atomic layer deposition of titanium molybdenum nitride: Influence of RF bias and substrate structure.” J. of Vacuum Science & technology A: Vacuum, Surfaces, and Films, 2021. doi.org/10.1116/6.0001175