Maxim A Ziatdinov
Maxim A Ziatdinov
Maxim Ziatdinov is a research scientist in the Computational Sciences and Engineering Division at Oak Ridge National Laboratory, where he works at an intersection between physical sciences and advanced data analytics. He is particularly interested in the synergy of theory, experiment, and data analytics for accelerated discoveries in the fields of materials science and nanoscience. This involves development of physics-based data analytics approaches for automatic reading and recognizing complex molecular, atomic and electronic patterns from scanning probe and electron microscopy experiments on various nanoscale systems. Maxim received his PhD in materials science and engineering from Tokyo Institute of Technology in 2014, followed by a postdoctoral appointment at the Center for Nanophase Materials Science in Oak Ridge National Laboratory.
- M. Ziatdinov, O. Dyck, A. Maksov, X. Li, X. Sang, K. Xiao, R. R. Unocic, R. K. Vasudevan, S. Jesse, and S. V. Kalinin. Deep learning of atomically resolved scanning transmission electron microscopy images: chemical identification and tracking local transformations. ACS Nano 2017, 11, 12742.
- M. Ziatdinov, A. Maksov, S. V. Kalinin. Learning surface molecular structures via machine vision. NPJ Computational Materials 2017, 3, 1.
- M. Ziatdinov, H. Lim, S. Fujii, K. Kusakabe, M. Kiguchi, T. Enoki, and Y. Kim. Chemically induced topological zero mode at graphenic armchair edge. Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 2017, 19, 5145.
- M. Ziatdinov, A. Banerjee, A. Maksov, T. Berlijn, W. Zhou, H. B. Cao, J. Q. Yan, C. A. Bridges, D. G. Mandrus, S. E. Nagler, A. P. Baddorf and S. V. Kalinin. Atomic-scale observation of structural and electronic orders in the layered compound a -RuCl3. Nature Communications 2016, 7, 13774.
- M. Ziatdinov, A. Maksov, L. Li, A. S. Sefat, P. Maksymovych and S. V. Kalinin. Deep data mining in a real space: separation of intertwined electronic responses in a lightly doped BaFe2As2. Nanotechnology 2016, 27, 475706.
- R. K. Vasudevan, M. Ziatdinov, S. Jesse, S. V. Kalinin. Phases and Interfaces from Real Space Atomically Resolved Data: Physics-Based Deep Data Image Analysis. Nano Letters 2016, 16, 5574.
- M. Ziatdinov, S. Fujii, M. Kiguchi, T. Enoki, S. Jesse and S. V. Kalinin. Data mining graphene: correlative analysis of structure and electronic degrees of freedom in graphenic monolayers with defects. Nanotechnology 2016, 27, 495703.
- N. Laanait, M. Ziatdinov, Q. He and A. Borisevich. Identifying local structural states in atomic imaging by computer vision. Advanced Structural and Chemical Imaging 2016, 2, 14.
- S. Fujii, M. Ziatdinov, S. Higashibayashi, H. Sakurai, M. Kiguchi. Bowl Inversion and Electronic Switching of Buckybowls on Gold. Journal of the American Chemical Society 2016, 138, 12142.
- R. K. Vasudevan, M. Ziatdinov, C. Chen and S. V. Kalinin. Analysis of citation networks as a new tool for scientific research. MRS Bulletin 2016, 41, 1009 (invited).
- M. Ziatdinov, S. Fujii, K. Kusakabe, M. Kiguchi, T. Mori, T. Enoki. Direct Imaging of Monovacancy-Hydrogen Complexes in a Single Graphitic Layer. Physical Review B 2014, 89, 155405.
- S. Fujii, M. Ziatdinov, M. Ohtsuka, K. Kusakabe, M. Kiguchi, T. Enoki. Role of Edge Geometry and Chemistry in the Electronic Properties of Graphene Nanostructures. Faraday Discussions 2014, 173, 173.
- M. Ziatdinov, S. Fujii, K. Kusakabe, M. Kiguchi, T. Mori, T. Enoki. Visualization of Electronic States on Atomically Smooth Graphitic Edges with Different Types of Hydrogen Termination. Physical Review B 2013, 87, 115427.