Jong K Keum
Jong K Keum
X-Ray Laboratory Scientist
Jong Keum received a Ph. D. degree in Chemistry from the State University of New York (SUNY) at Stony Brook in 2007. After a couple of post-doctoral appointments at the Case Western Reserve University and ORNL, he joined SNS/CNMS, ORNL as a staff member in 2013. Jong’s major research has focused on the nano- and mesoscale structure and physics of soft matters and nanomaterials, where he primarily utilizes X-ray and neutron small-angle X-ray scattering and reflectivity.
• Excellence in Doctoral Research (2008), State University of New York at Stony Brook.
• Distinguished Scientific Paper (2014), Center for Nanophase Materials Sciences.
• "Rational design of deuterated conjugated polymers with controlled spin-polarized electron transport". FY 2016 Laboratory Directed Research and Development (LDRD)
• "Interfacial Properties and Morphologies of Polymer Components in Hydrogen Infrastructure". ORNL
• “Li2OHCl Crystalline Electrolyte for Stable Metallic Lithium Anodes”. Zachary D Hood, Hui Wang, Amaresh Samuthira Pandian, Jong K Keum, Chengdu Liang. Journal of the American Chemical Society 138, 1768 (2016)
• “Correlating High Power Conversion Efficiency of PTB7:PC71BM Inverted Organic Solar Cells to Nanoscale Structure”. Sanjib Das, Jong K. Keum, James F. Browning, Gong Gu, Bin Yang, Ondrej Dyck, Changwoo Do, Wei Chen, Jihua Chen, Ilia N. Ivanov, Kunlun Hong, Adam J. Rondinone, Pooran C. Joshi, David B. Geohegan, Gerd Duscher, Kai Xiao. Nanoscale 7, 15576 (2015)
• “Controllable Growth of Perovskite Films by Room‐Temperature Air Exposure for Efficient Planar Heterojunction Photovoltaic Cells”. Bin Yang, Ondrej Dyck, Jonathan Poplawsky, Jong K Keum, Sanjib Das, Alexander Puretzky, Tolga Aytug, Pooran C Joshi, Christopher M Rouleau, Gerd Duscher, David B Geohegan, Kai Xiao. Angewandte Chemie International Edition 54, 14862 (2015)
• “Perovskite Solar Cells with Near 100% Internal Quantum Efficiency Based on Large Single Crystalline Grains and Vertical Bulk Heterojunctions”. Bin Yang, Ondrej Dyck, Jonathan Poplawsky, Jong Keum, Alexander Puretzky, Sanjib Das, Ilia N Ivanov, Christopher M Rouleau, Gerd Duscher, David B Geohegan, Kai Xiao. Journal of the American Chemical Society 137,9210 (2015)
• “Controlled Shape Memory Behavior of a Smectic Main-Chain Liquid Crystalline Elastomer”. Yuzhan Li, Cole Pruitt, Orlando Rios, Liqing Wei, Mitch Rock, Jong K Keum, Armando G McDonald, Michael R Kessler. Macromolecules 48, 2864 (2015)
• “Understanding how processing additives tune nanoscale morphology of high efficiency organic photovoltaic blends: From casting solution to spun-cast thin film”. Ming Shao, Jong Kahk Keum, Rajeev Kumar, Jihua Chen, James F. Browning, Wei Chen, Jianhui Hou, Changwoo Do, Kenneth C. Littrell, Sanjib Das, Adam Rondinone, David B. Geohegan, Bobby G. Sumpter, Kai Xiao. Advanced Functional Materials 24, 6647 (2014).
• “The isotopic effects of deuteration on optoelectronic properties of conducting polymers.” Ming Shao, Jong Keum, Jihua Chen, Youjun He, Wei Chen, James F Browning, Jacek Jakowski, Bobby G Sumpter, Ilia N Ivanov, Ying-Zhong Ma, Christopher M Rouleau, Sean C Smith, David B Geohegan, Kunlun Hong, Kai Xiao. Nature Communications 5, 3180 (2014).
• “Surface-Induced Orientation Control of CuPc Molecules for the Epitaxial Growth of Highly Ordered Organic Crystals on Graphene.” Kai Xiao, Wan Deng, Jong K Keum, Mina Yoon, Ivan V Vlassiouk, Kendal W Clark, An-Ping Li, Ivan I Kravchenko, Gong Gu, Edward A Payzant, Bobby G Sumpter, Sean C Smith, James F Browning, David B Geohegan. Journal of American Chemical Society 135, 3680 (2013).
• “Morphological origin for the stratification of P3HT:PCBM blend film studied by neutron reflectometry.” Jong Kahk Keum, James F. Browning, Kai Xiao, Ming Shao, Candice E. Halbert, Kunlun Hong. Applied Physics Letters 103, 223301 (2013).
• “Solvent quality-induced nucleation and growth of parallelepiped nanorods in dilute poly(3-hexylthiophene) (P3HT) solution and the impact on the crystalline morphology of solution-cast thin film”. Jong K Keum, Kai Xiao, Ilia N Ivanov, Kunlun Hong, James F Browning, Gregory S Smith, Ming Shao, Kenneth C Littrell, Adam J Rondinone, E Andrew Payzant, Jihua Chen, Dale K Hensley. CrystEngComm 15, 1114 (2013).
• “High Conducting Oxide-Sulfide Composite Lithium Superionic Conductor”. Chengdu Liang, Jong Kahk Keum, Adam J Rondinone, Nancy Dudney., US Patent 20, 150, 171,463. (2015).
• Center for Nanophase Materials Sciences
• Spallation Neutron Source
• High Flux Isotope Reactor
• Brook Haven National Laboratory
• NIST Center for Neutron Research
• X-ray and neutron small-angle scattering
• X-ray and neutron reflectivity
• X-ray diffraction