Ho Nyung Lee
Distinguished Scientist and Interim Director
- Interim Director, Materials Science and Technology Division (2019 - present)
- ORNL Manager, DOE-BES, Materials Sciences and Engineering Program (2017 - present)
- Group Leader, Materials Science and Technology Division, ORNL (2013 - present).
- Adjunct Professor: Advanced Materials Science and Engineering, SKKU (2013 - present).
- Adjunct Professor: Materials Science and Engineering, The University of Tennessee (July 1, 2008 - present).
- Adjunct Professor: Physics Department, Pohang University of Science and Technology (POSTECH), (12. 2007 - present).
- Research Staff (Strategic Hire): Oak Ridge National Laboratory(4. 2002-present, currently Distinguished Research Staff).
- Postdoc. : Max Planck Institute of Microstructure Physics, Germany, Supervisors: Prof. Ulrich Gösele and Prof. Dietrich Hesse (10. 1999 - 4. 2002).
- Research Assistant: Korea Institute of Science & Technology, Seoul, Korea (8. 1993 - 9. 1999).
- Ph. D. Physics Department, Korea University, Seoul, Korea (1999), Supervisor: Prof. Sung Ho Choh (Professor Emeritus).
American Physical Society (APS) Fellow (2016).
UT-Battelle Science and Technology Award (Scientific Research), ORNL (2012).
Named as Frontier Research Scientist, The Korean Academy of Science and Technology ( 2011).
Associate Fellow, The Korean Academy of Science and Technology (KAST), Nov. 2010~.
Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE), Executive Office of the President of the United States (2007).
Early Career Scientist and Engineer Award: United States Department of Energy (2007).
UT-Battelle Science and Technology Award (Scientific Research), ORNL (2005) [citation-Lee.pdf][with Jim Roberto-HR.jpg Deputy Director for Science and Technology, ORNL].
Event Award, Oak Ridge National Laboratory (2005).
Bombi Prize (inaugural): The Korean Physical Society (2002).
Best Poster Awards (consecutively!): MRS (2000, 2001)