Ho Nyung Lee
Ho Nyung Lee
Distinguished Scientist and Group Leader
- Group Leader, Materials Science and Technology Division, ORNL (2013 - present).
- Adjunct Professor: Advanced Materials Science and Engineering, SKKU (2013 - present).
- Adjunct Professor: Materials Science and Engineering, The University of Tennessee (July 1, 2008 - present).
- Adjunct Professor: Physics Department, Pohang University of Science and Technology (POSTECH), (12. 2007 - present).
- Research Staff (Strategic Hire): Oak Ridge National Laboratory(4. 2002-present, currently Distinguished Research Staff).
- Postdoc. : Max Planck Institute of Microstructure Physics, Germany, Supervisors: Prof. Ulrich Gösele and Prof. Dietrich Hesse (10. 1999 - 4. 2002).
- Research Assistant: Korea Institute of Science & Technology, Seoul, Korea (8. 1993 - 9. 1999).
- Ph. D. Physics Department, Korea University, Seoul, Korea (1999), Supervisor: Prof. Sung Ho Choh (Professor Emeritus).
- American Physical Society (APS) Fellow (2016).
- UT-Battelle Science and Technology Award (Scientific Research), ORNL (2012).
- Named as Frontier Research Scientist, The Korean Academy of Science and Technology ( 2011).
- Associate Fellow, The Korean Academy of Science and Technology (KAST), Nov. 2010~.
- Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE), Executive Office of the President of the United States (2007).
- Early Career Scientist and Engineer Award: United States Department of Energy (2007).
- UT-Battelle Science and Technology Award (Scientific Research), ORNL (2005) [citation-Lee.pdf][with Jim Roberto-HR.jpg Deputy Director for Science and Technology, ORNL].
- Event Award, Oak Ridge National Laboratory (2005).
- Bombi Prize (inaugural): The Korean Physical Society (2002).
- Best Poster Awards (consecutively!): MRS (2000, 2001)