Senior Research Scientist
Dr. Lai received his Ph.D. from the University of Michigan in 1994. His past work experience includes MTS at Lucent Technologies from 1996 to 2004 and senior scientist at PNNL from 2004 to 2017. He has demonstrated solid technical expertise in the area of software development, algorithm development, and computational multi-physics modeling. He is currently working on a battery simulation program (CAEBAT) and carbon capture simulation initiative (CCSI).
- Effects of Heat Exchanger Tubes on Hydrodynamics and CO2 Capture of a Sorbent-based Fluidized Bed Reactor, Elsevier Journal of Powder Technology, 2017.
- Hierarchical calibration and validation of computational fluid dynamics models for solid sorbent-based carbon capture, Elsevier Journal of Powder Technology, 288, 388 (2016).
- Bayesian Treed Calibration: an application to carbon capture with AX sorbent, Journal of the American Statistical Association, June 2016.
- A Two-Dimensional Electrochemistry Modeling Tool for Planar Solid Oxide Fuel Cell Stacks, J. Power Sources, 2011, 196(6), pp. 3204-3222.
- Effect of Geometry and Operating Parameters on Simulated SOFC Stack Temperature Uniformity, Proceedings of ASME 2011 5th International Conference on Energy Sustainability & 9th Fuel Cell Science, Engineering and Technology Conference, 2011
- Quantify Resonance Inspection with Finite-Element-Based Modal Analyses, J. Vib. Acoust. 2011, 031004.
- Predicting Flaw-Induced Resonance Spectrum Shift with Theoretical Perturbation Analysis, 2011, J. Sound Vib.volume 332, issue 22, October 2013.
- Development of an Inverse Algorithm for Resonance Inspection, 2011, ASME Journal of Vibration and Acoustics, volume 134, issue 5, 2012.
- Modeling on On-Cell Reforming Reaction of Planar SOFC Stack”, Proceedings of ASME 2011 5th International Conference on Energy Sustainability & 9th Fuel Cell Science, Engineering and Technology Conference, 2011
- Modeling Transparent Armor Behaviors Subject to Projectile Impact. Proceedings of the 32nd International Conference & Exposition on Advanced Ceramics and Composites, Cocoa Beach, FL, Jan. 28th-Feb. 1, 2008.
- Modeling Issues Related to the Hydrodynamics of Three Dimensional Steady Planing, The Journal of Ship Research, March, 1995, p1-24.
- A Vortex Lattice Method for High-Speed Planing, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids, Vol. 22, 1996, p1-19.