ORNL Review v24n1 1991.pdf
Hurdling the Barriers
- ORNL's High-Temperature Superconductivity Pilot Center
- Superconductivity Research Successes
- The Superconducting Motor
- Waste Site Remediation: Are We Doing It Right?
- "No Option Would Satisfy Everyone"
- Enzymes for Extracting Energy from Trash
- Awards and Appointments
- Pick a Number—New math columnist for the Review
- Educational Activities—ORNL participants in WATTec's Science in Action program
- R&D Updates—Gordon Bell Prize for scientific computing to ORNL; A-E firm for ANS chosen; the HPRR closed; global change data book published; changes in ORNL's work for the SSC
- Technical Highlights—Female-specific mutagens discovered at ORNL; viewing DNA features with near-atomic resolution using X-ray analysis and crystals made of chicken blood
- Technology Transfer—SERS continuous monitoring technology licensed to GAMMA-METRICS; ORNL involved in first DOE CRADA; new class patent waiver in DOE-Energy Systems contract