Michael A McGuire
Senior R&D Staff
I use crystal growth, solid state chemistry, and metallurgical synthesis techniques, crystallographic studies, and physical property measurements to explore structure-property relationships in complex materials, with particular emphasis on magnetism. My research is currently focused on layered transition metal compounds, anisotropic magnets, and topological materials. I am also interested in materials discovery, crystallography, crystallographic phase transitions and their effects on physical properties, and birds.
- Ph.D. (Physics), Cornell University, 2006
- M.S. (Physics), University of Mississippi, 2001
- B.S. (Physics), University of Mississippi, 1999
- 2009 – Present, Research Staff Scientist, Materials Science and Technology Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN
- 2007 – 2009, Eugene P. Wigner Fellow, Materials Science and Technology Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN
- 2006 – 2007, Postdoctoral Research Associate, Department of Chemistry, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ
See Curriculum Vitae for full publication list.