Dr. Meijun Li is a Catalytic Chemist in the Chemical Sciences Division at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL). She obtained her Ph.D., in Physical Chemistry at Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics in 2002. She has authored and co-authored more than 60 journal publications with > 6900 citations and an “h-index” of 36. She has over 15 years expertise in Heterogeneous Catalysis and Nanomaterial Synthesis including oxides, zeolites, and supported metals via various routes. Her current research focuses on Fundamental Understanding of the Relationship between Composition, Structure and Performance, Establish the Structure-Performance Regulation Method, and Develop the Function-Oriented Synthesis Methodology to provide experiments basis for the design and synthesis of high performance multi-functional oxides/zeolites-based materials for ethanol upgrading, light alkane upgrading and CO2 conversion.
- August 1997 - December 2002: Ph.D., Physical Chemistry/Catalysis
- Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China.
- August 1993 - July 1997: BSc, Chemistry
- Inner Mongolia Normal University, China
1. J. Zhang, E. C. Wegener, N. R. Samad, J. W. Harris, K. A. Unocic, L. F. Allard, S. Purdy, Sh. Adhikari, M. J. Cordon, J. T. Miller, T. R. Krause, S. Cheng, D. Liu, M. Li, X. Jiang, Z. Wu, and Z. Li*; Isolated Metal Sites in Cu–Zn–Y/Beta for Direct and Selective Butene-Rich C3+ Olefin Formation from Ethanol. ACS Catal. 2021, 11, 9885–9897.
2. M Li, M Tian, H Chen, SM Mahurin, Z Wu, S Dai; H2O-prompted CO2 capture on metal silicates in situ generated from SBA-15. Rsc Advances, 2020, 10, 28731-28740.
3. K Jie, H Chen, P Zhang, W Guo, M Li, Z Yang, S Dai; A benzoquinone-derived porous hydrophenazine framework for efficient and reversible iodine capture. Chemical Communications, 2020, 54, 12706-12709.
4. M Li, K Huang, JA Schott, Z Wu, S Dai; Effect of metal oxides modification on CO 2 adsorption performance over mesoporous carbon. Micro. Meso. Mater. 2017, 249, 34-41.
5. K Huang, L Liang, S Chai, U Tumuluri, M Li, Z Wu, BG Sumpter, S Dai. Aminopolymer functionalization of boron nitride nanosheets for highly efficient capture of carbon dioxide. J. Mater. Chem. A 2017, 5, 16241-16248.
6. S Ding, C Tian, X Zhu, CW Abney, Z Tian, B Chen, M Li, D Jiang, N Zhang, S. Dai. Pd‐Metalated Conjugated Nanoporous Polycarbazoles for Additive‐Free Cyanation of Aryl Halides: Boosting Catalytic Efficiency through Spatial Modulation. ChemSusChem 2017, 10, 2348-2351.
7. GS Foo, G Hu, ZD Hood, M Li, D Jiang, Z Wu. Kinetics and Mechanism of Methanol Conversion over Anatase Titania Nanoshapes. ACS Catal. 2017, 7, 5345-5356.
8. L Gill, A Beste, B Chen, M Li, AKP Mann, SH Overbury, EW Hagaman. Fast MAS 1H NMR Study of Water Adsorption and Dissociation on the (100) Surface of Ceria Nanocubes: A Fully Hydroxylated, Hydrophobic Ceria Surface. J. Phys. Chem. C 2017, 121, 7450-7465.
9. U Tumuluri, JD Howe, WP Mounfield III, M Li, M Chi, ZD Hood, KS Walton, S. Dai, Z. Wu. Effect of Surface Structure of TiO2 Nanoparticles on CO2 Adsorption and SO2 Resistance. ACS Sus. Chem. Eng. 2017, 5, 9295-9306.
10. Mounfield, WP; Tumuluri, U; Jiao, Y; Li, M.J.; Dai, S; Z.L.; Walton, KS; Role of defects and metal coordination on adsorption of acid gases in MOFs and metal oxides: An in situ IR spectroscopic study. Micro. Meso. Mater. 2016, 227, 65-75.
11. Zhu WS; Gao, X.; Li, Q.; Li, HP; Chao, YH; Li, M.J.; Mahurin, S.; Li, HM; Zhu, HY; Dai, S. Controlled Gas Exfoliation of Boron Nitride into Few-Layered Nanosheets. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2016, 55, 10766-10770.
12. Brown. S.; Chatterjee, S.; Li, M.J.; Yue, Y. F.; Tsouris, C.; Janke, C.J.; Saito, T.; Dai, S.; Uranium Adsorbent Fibers Prepared by Atom-Transfer Radical Polymerization from Chlorinated Polypropylene and Polyethylene Trunk Fibers. Indus. & Eng. Chem. Res. 2016, 55, 4130-4138.
13. Tumuluri U.; Li, M.J.; Cook, B. G.; Sumpter B.; Dai, S.; Wu, Z. L.; Surface Structure Dependence of SO2 Interaction with Ceria Nanocrystals with Well-Defined Surface Facets. J. Phys. Chem. C, 2015, 119, 28895-28905.
14. Li, M. J.; Tumuluri U.; Wu, Z. L.; Dai, S.; Effect of Dopants on the Adsorption of Carbon Dioxide on Ceria Surfaces. ChemSusChem, 2015, 8, 3651-3660.