Journal: Applied Thermal Engineering
Kevin M Cooley
- A.S., Chemical Engineering, Pellissippi State Technical Community College, 1999. Studies: AutoCAD, Chemistry (general and analytical), Physics, Mathematics (Algebra thru Differential equations).
- CVD of thermal barrier, aluminide bond coatings, and environmental barrier coatings onto ceramics and high temperature alloys for use in gas turbine generators and coal fired plants. Design of CVD systems and reactors. Training of visitors and users in CVD equipment and analytical equipment.
- Analytical experience includes: Flame and graphite Atomic absorption, Inductively coupled plasma spectrometry for groundwater, surface water, effluents, biological, soils and solution chemical analysis. SEM (Hitachi S800 and Hitachi 4100) and XRD characterization of coatings, alloys and ceramic materials. Design of CVD systems and reactors. Training of visitors and users in CVD equipment and analytical equipment.
- Phi Theta Kappa honor society
Additional training: Varian Vacuum Systems Short Course:
- Microsoft Office 97 and 2000
- Corel WordPerfect
- Netscape Communicator 4.7
- AutoDesk AutoSketch 7.0
- Labview 2.x
- Lotus 123
Technical Achievement Award, 1998
Technical Achievement Award, 1993
Rockwell Hanford employee excellence award, 1987
Rockwell Hanford employee cost saving suggestion awards, 1983-1986
Journal: Surface and Coatings Technology