Dr. Askin Guler Yigitoglu is a R&D staff at Oak Ridge National Laboratory in the Reactor and Nuclear Systems Division. She received her Ph.D. in Nuclear Engineering from the Ohio State University in 2015, where she developed a methodology to incorporate aging affects of passive components into probabilistic risk assessment (PRA) with consideration of operating conditions and surveillance and maintenance activities. She earned her M.S. and B.S. in Nuclear Energy Engineering from Hacettepe University, Turkey. Her main research interests are probabilistic risk assessment, aging and dynamic reliability modeling of complex systems, Markov models and uncertainty quantification.
• George Apostalakis Fellow (2016)
• Two Best Student Paper Awards at ICAPP 2016 Conference (2016)
• Professional Women in the American Nuclear Society Conference Travel Award (2014)
• The Ohio State University Nuclear Engineering Excellence in Research Award (2013)
• Fulbright Opportunity Grants Scholarship (2010)