Albina Y Borisevich
Senior R&D Staff Scientist
Albina Y Borisevich is a Senior R&D Staff Scientist at ORNL's Center for Nanophase Materials Sciences in the Scanning Transmission Electron Microscopy research group.
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, Materials Science and Engineering, Ph.D. (2002)
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, Materials Science and Engineering, M.S. (2001)
Moscow Lomonosov State University, Moscow, Russian Federation, Materials Science (1998)
2018-present Senior R&D Staff Scientist, Center for Nanophase Materials Sciences, ORNL
2014-2018 Senior R&D Staff Scientist, Materials Science and Technology Division, ORNL
2006-2013 R&D Staff Scientist, Materials Science and Technology Division, ORNL
2002-2006 Postdoctoral Research Associate, Materials Science and Technology Division, ORNL
2000, 2001 Teaching Assistant, University of Pennsylvania
1998-2002 Research Fellow, University of Pennsylvania
- 2021 ORNL Awards Night Award for Outstanding Scholarly Output by a Team
- 2018 R&D 100 Award: The Atomic Forge
- 2017 Significant Event Award: The Atomic Forge, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- 2015 Significant Event Award: Development of Scanning Electron Nanopositioning System, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- 2011 Materials Research Society Fall Meeting Poster Award
- 2010 MS&T Ceramographic contest 1st place in “Combined Techniques”, 3rd place in “Transmission Electron Microscopy”
- 2008 Materials Research Society Fall Meeting Poster Award
- 2003 Microscopy Society of America Poster Award, Physical Applications of Microscopy and Microanalysis – first place
- 2003 University of Pennsylvania School of Engineering and Applied Science S.J. Stein Prize
- 2002 MRS Silver Graduate Student Award (Fall meeting)
- (disclosure submitted) “Atomic-Scale E-Beam Sculpter” by Albina Y. Borisevich, Ondrej E. Dyck, Stephen Jesse, Sergei V. Kalinin and Raymond R. Unocic.
US Patent No. 10,400,351 “Bulk Nanofabrication with Single Atomic Plane Precision via Atomic-Level Sculpting Of Crystalline Oxides”, issued Aug 14 2019, by Kalinin, Sergei V; Borisevich, Albina Y; Jesse, Stephen; Lupini, Andrew R; Unocic, Raymond R; He, Qian.
- U.S. Patent No. 8,752,211 “Real Space Mapping of Oxygen Vacancy Diffusion and Electrochemical Transformations by Hysteretic Current Reversal Curve Measurements”, issued: June 10, 2014, by S.V. Kalinin, N. Balke, A.Y. Borisevich, S. Jesse, P. Maksymovych, Y. Kim, E. Strelcov.