- Setting sail in the world of composites: Vlastimil Kunc
- A slice of the intern life with Elizabeth Yeoh-Wang
- At the MDF: New large-area, multi-material printer to advance research
- ORNL Innovation Crossroads program opens second round of energy entrepreneurial fellowships
- Neutrons peer into a running engine
- Building the future
Who we are
The Manufacturing Demonstration Facility at Oak Ridge National Laboratory is DOE’s first such facility established to provide affordable and convenient access to R&D expertise, facilities, and tools to facilitate rapid adoption of advanced manufacturing technologies to enhance the competitiveness of the U.S. workforce. Oak Ridge National Laboratory is able to meet this expectation by integrating the foundational science expertise at ORNL with a growing industrial network that creates new synergies, thought leadership, and successful execution on complex projects. The MDF is designed to reduce technical risk and support the business case for private investment in new production technologies that will reduce life-cycle energy and greenhouse gas emissions, lower production cost and create new products and opportunities for high paying jobs.