The Future Technologies performs research in core technologies for future generations of high-end computing architectures, including prototype computer architectures and experimental software systems. We investigate these technologies with the goal of improving the performance, energy efficiency, reliability, and productivity of these architectures for our sponsors. Frequently, we work closely with applications teams to co-design new algorithm implementations and develop performance predictions to exploit these technologies effectively.
- Emerging architectures including GPUs, FPGAs, nonvolatile memory, and other alternative architectures
- Productive programming environments including compilers, GAS programming models, and scalable runtime systems
- Performance analysis, modeling, simulation, and prediction
- Application-Architecture codesign
- Early evaluation and benchmarking of High Performance Computing systems
- Visualization of extreme scale data
- Parallel I/O
To learn more about our researchers and their work, please visit csmd.ornl.gov.