Dr. Yongtao Liu is an R&D associate staff working in Data NanoAnalytics Group at the Center for Nanophase Materials Sciences, Oak Ridge National Laboratory. Dr. Liu’s current research interest focuses on machine learning-driven autonomous experiments, ferroelectrics, and optoelectronic materials.
- B.S. in Materials Chemistry, School of Chemistry, Nankai University
- Ph.D. in Materials Science and Engineering, the University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
Awards / honors
- 2018 Materials Research Society Graduate Student Silver Award
- 2018 CNMS User Meeting Best Poster Finalist
- 2019 Materials Research Society Graduate Student Silver Award
- 2019 CNMS User Meeting Best Poster Award
- 2019 American Vacuum Society Graduate Research Award
- Joseph E. Spruiell Award for Excellence in Research
- CNMS Best Postdoctoral
- 2022 ORNL Best Scholarly Output
- 2022 AVS NSTD Early Career Award Finalist
- 2023 Microscopy Society of America Postdoctoral Scholar Award