Since September 2018, I have held a position at the ORNL DAAC, NASA's data archive center for terrestrial biogeochemistry, ecology, and environmental processes. At present, I largely assist in the coordination and planning of the project, especially in my role as a Scrum Master for Earthdata Cloud migration. I also contribute to the curation and publication of datasets, science communications, and creating a variety of website content.
Outside of my work with NASA, I serve on a BETO project to support the CEM Biofuture Platform in its efforts to promote an evidence-based understanding of sustainable biomass production and use.
I have previously served the following projects within the Environmental Sciences Division.
Great Smoky Mountain Council of the Boy Scouts of America
- Volunteer at fundraisers and events, particularly for the Mt. Le Conte District.
- Assist in hosting fundraisers to support over 10,000 young people annually across 21 counties in East Tennessee.
Green McAdoo Cultural Center
- Serve as a board member to help tell the story of the Clinton 12, the courageous black students who desegregated Clinton High School in August 1956.
- Contribute to preserving and promoting the historical significance of the first desegregated public high school in the Southern U.S.
Kiwanis Club of Knoxville Member
- Serve as a board member to support children of East Tennessee through initiatives like its Fresh Air Camp.
- Engage in community service projects to make a positive impact on the lives of local children.
UT Promise Mentor
- Provide valuable support, encouragement, and guidance to undergraduate students who receive the UT Promise scholarship.
- Serve as a resource and mentor to help students navigate their academic journey in the University of Tennessee System.
My LinkedIn Profile provides past outreach activities.