Promoting practices, tools and technologies to enhance energy, carbon, water and material efficiency
The mission of the Manufacturing Energy Efficiency Research and Analysis group (MEERA) is to research, analyze, and disseminate knowledge on energy, carbon, water, and material efficiency in the manufacturing sector and develop, deploy, and promote impactful practices, tools, and technologies.
Technology deployment and analysis in the following areas enable manufacturers and researchers to pursue, investigate, and implement various early-stage technologies to drive U.S. competitiveness and innovation.
- Energy efficiency (EE) technologies
- Industrial decarbonization
- Water efficiency technologies
- Waste reduction technologies and circular economy
- Sustainable manufacturing
- Smart and other advanced manufacturing technologies
MEERA also helps leading manufacturers and water & wastewater treatment agencies improve their energy efficiency and sustainability through the following activities:
- Integration of energy and carbon efficiency aspects into R&D activities and systematic tech-deployment
- Industry training and workforce development
- Providing peer-to-peer networking and recognition opportunities
- Development of software tools for industry to identify energy and water efficiency opportunities
- Technology field validation and performance verification
- Life cycle assessments and techno-economic analysis