The Bioenergy Technologies Office recently issued DE-FOA-0002029, FY19 Bioenergy Technologies Office Multi-Topic Funding Opportunity Announcement.
The attached Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) can also be found using the link below. This meeting will be to provide background information and guidance for anyone who is interested in submitting a proposal to this call. All proposals from ORNL must be approved by the Bioenergy Technologies Office.
This FOA will provide funding to address the highest priority R&D areas within biofuels technologies, bioproducts, and biopower. It includes Areas of Interest (AOIs) from all five BETO programs: Feedstock Supply and Logistics; Advanced Algal Systems; Conversions; Advanced Development and Optimization; and Sustainability and Strategic Analysis. Each AOI supports BETO’s objectives to reduce the minimum selling price of drop-in biofuels, lower the cost of biopower, enable high-value products from the biomass or water resources, and improve the quality of feedstock characterization and reliability of biorefinery operations.
As a reminder, the Sustainable Transportation Program office will coordinate all BETO submissions through the DOE EERE Exchange. For additional information or if you plan to partner with an external lead, please contact Tim Theiss (firstname.lastname@example.org) and/or d (email@example.com) no later than COB Monday, May 27, 2019. The program office will issue a proposal process timeline specific to this funding opportunity and details centered around a possible lab-wide information meeting within the next week. Please forward this information to any of your colleagues that you think would be interested.
Connecting directly from a room system?
- Dial: 184.108.40.206 or bjn.vc
- Enter Meeting ID: 220433480 -or- use the pairing code
Just want to dial in on your phone?
+1.888.240.2560 (US Toll Free)
+1.408.317.9253 (US (Primary, San Jose))
+1.408.740.7256 (US (San Jose))
Global Numbers: https://www.bluejeans.com/premium-numbers
2) Enter Meeting ID: 220433480
3) Press #
Technical Area of Interest (AOI): ORNL can only participate as a sub-recipient
- AOI 1: Cultivation Intensification Processes for Algae
- AOI 2: Biomass Component Variability and Feedstock Conversion Interface
- 2a: Relating Biomass Physical and Chemical Characteristics to Feedstock Performance in Handling and Conversion Operations
- 2b: Impact of Storage and Handling on Biomass Characteristics
- 2c: Improving Economics and Development of Coproducts
- AOI 3: Efficient Wood Heaters
- AOI 4: Systems Research of Hydrocarbon Biofuel Technologies
- AOI 5: Optimization of Bio-Derived Jet Fuel Blends
- AOI 6: Renewable Energy from Urban and Suburban Wastes
- AOI 7: Advanced Bioprocessing and Agile BioFoundry
- 7a: Advanced Bioprocessing
- 7b: Agile BioFoundry
- AOI 8: Plastics in the Circular Carbon Economy
- 8a: Designing Highly Recyclable Plastics
- 8b: Designing Novel Methods for Deconstructing and Upcycling Existing Plastics
- AOI 9: Rethinking Anaerobic Digestion
- AOI 10: Reducing Water, Energy, and Emissions in Bioenergy
- $79.3M of Federal Funding available
- EERE anticipates funding 28-49 awards
- Period of Performance up to 60 months in length, comprised of one or more 12-month budget periods
- The cost share must be at least 20% of the total allowable costs for research and development projects
- BETO Submission Deadline for Concept Papers: Monday, June 3, 2019, at 5:00 p.m. EST
- BETO Submission Deadline for Full Applications: Monday, July 22, 2019, at 5:00 p.m. EST