Journal: Additive Manufacturing
Interim Director, Materials Science and Technology Division
- Interim Director, Materials Science and Technology Division
- Program Manager, ORNL Fusion Materials
- Section Head, Materials in Extreme (2020-), Materials Science and Technology Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Group Leader, Advanced Nuclear Materials (2018-2020); Fusion Materials and Nuclear Structures (2014-2016), Materials Science and Technology Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Research Staff Member, Materials Science and Technology Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory (2003 – present)
- Joint Appointment Professor, Department of Nuclear Engineering, University of Tennessee, Knoxville (2016 - present)
- Associate Professor, Institute of Advanced Energy and Graduate School of Energy Science, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan (1996 – 2003)
- Assistant Professor, Research Operations Division, National Institute for Fusion Science, Toki, Japan (1995 – 1996)
- PhD & MS, Materials Science, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
- BS, Metallurgy and Materials Science, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
- Development and characterization of ceramics, graphite, composites and other advanced materials for high temperature and severe environment applications
- Effects of neutron and high energy particle irradiation in metals, alloys and ceramics, with emphases on irradiation effects on properties and microstructures of silicon carbide and influences of helium on irradiation effects in metals and ceramics
- Development and qualification of emerging materials for nuclear energy
Awards and Recognitions:
- UT-Battelle Distinguished Researcher, 2019
- Mishima Award, the American Nuclear Society, 2019
- Fellow, American Nuclear Society, 2015
- Fellow, American Ceramic Society, 2013
- Fusion Power Associates Board of Directors’ Excellence in Fusion Engineering Award, 2006
UT-Battelle Distinguished Researcher, 2019.
Mishima Award, the American Nuclear Society, 2019.
Fellow, the American Nuclear Society, 2015.
Fellow, the American Ceramic Society, 2013.
Fusion Power Associates Board of Directors' Excellence in Fusion Engineering Award, 2006.
Qualitative and quantitative analysis of neutron irradiation effects in SiC/SiC composites using X-ray computed tomography...
Journal: Composites Part B: Engineering
Journal: Fusion Engineering and Design
Journal: Journal of Alloys and Compounds
Characterization and qualification of neutron radiation effects – Summary of Japan-USA Joint Projects for 40 years –...
Journal: Journal of Nuclear Materials