Postdoctoral Research Associate
Dr. Shuai (Leo) Tan is a Postdoctoral Research Associate in Surface Chemistry and Catalysis Group, Chemical Science Division at Oak Ridge National Laboratory. He holds a bachelor in Chemistry from Nankai University (2008), a bachelor’s in Chemical Engineering from Tianjin University (2008), and a Ph. D. in Chemical Engineering from University of South Carolina (2013). Prior to joining ORNL, he was appointed as a Postdoctoral Fellow at Georgia Institute of Technology (2013-2016). Dr. Shuai Tan has 9 years of research experience in the field of heterogeneous catalysis, material science, and nanotechnology, with emphasis on understanding property-structure relationship and practical application of nanomaterials. He has 21 peer-review publications. He currently serves on the editorial board of Trends in Renewable Energy (since 2015), and SciFed Journal of Chemical Research (since 2016). He also serves as a reviewer for more than 17 top catalysis/chemistry journals. Dr. Shuai Tan is a member of American Chemical Society (ACS), American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AICHE), North American Catalysis Society (NACS), Organic Reaction Catalysis Society (ORCS), and Southeastern Catalysis Society (SEC).
Selected Publications (Total 21)
- S. Tan, Y. Cheng, L. L. Daemen, D. A. Lutterman, “Design of a Facility for the in-situ Measurement of Catalytic Reaction by Neutron Scattering Spectroscopy”, Rev. Sci. Instrum., 2017, accepted.
- S. Tan, M. B. Grey, M. K. Kidder, Y. Cheng, L. L. Daemen, D. Lee, H. N. Lee, B. Doughty, D. A. Lutterman, “Insight into the Selectivity of Isopropanol Conversion at Strontium Titanate (100) Surfaces: A Combination of Kinetic and Spectroscopic Study”, ACS Catal., 2017, 7, 8118-8129.
- S. Tan, B. Hu, W. -G. Kim, S. H. Pang, Y. Liu, J. G. Pendergast, D. S. Sholl, S. Nair, C. W. Jones, “Propane Dehydrogenation over Alumina-Supported Iron/Phosphorus Catalysts: Structural Evolution of Iron Species Leading to High Activity and Propylene Selectivity”, ACS Catal., 2016, 6, 5673-5683.
- S. Tan, S. -J, Kim, J. S. Moore, Y. Liu, R. S. Dixit, J. G. Pendergast, D. S. Sholl, S. Nair, C. W. Jones, “Propane Dehydrogenation over In2O3-Ga2O3-Al2O3 Mixed Oxides”, ChemCatChem, 2016, 8, 214-221.
- S. Tan, L. B. Gil, N. Subramanian, D. S. Sholl, S. Nair, C. W. Jones, J. S. Moore, Y. Liu, R. S. Dixit, J. G. Pendergast, “Catalytic Propane Dehydrogenation over In2O3-Ga2O3 Mixed Oxides”, Appl. Catal. A: Gen, 2015, 498, 167-175.
- S. Tan, C. T. Williams, “An In Situ Spectroscopic Study of Prochiral Reactant-Chiral Modifier Interactions on Palladium Catalyst: Case of Alkenoic Acid and Cinchonidine in Various Solvents”, J. Phys. Chem. C, 2013, 117, 18043-18052.
- S. Tan, J. R. Monnier, C. T. Williams, “Kinetic Study of Asymmetric Hydrogenation of α, β-Unsaturated Carboxylic Acid Over Cinchona-Modified Pd/Al2O3 Catalyst”, Top. Catal., 2012, 55, 512-517.
- S. Tan, X. Sun, C. T. Williams, “In situ ATR-IR study of prochiral 2-methyl-2-pentenoic acid adsorption on Al2O3 and Pd/Al2O3”, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 2011, 13, 19573-19579.