Postdoctoral Research Associate
Lu received his Ph.D. in 2014 from Institute of Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, where he used second harmonic generation to study supramolecular chirality at interfaces. He continued working there for two and half years before joining Prof. Heather Allen's research group at The Ohio State University as a postdoc in January 2017. Lu's work at OSU was focused on molecular structures of aqueous surfaces using vibrational sum frequency generation spectroscopy. In March 2019, Lu moved to University of Notre Dame and worked there with Prof. Arnaldo Serrano on linear and nonlinear infrared spectroscopy. Lu joined ORNL as a postdoctoral research associate in December 2019, where he has been working with Ben Doughty and Yingzhong Ma to understand the chemistry of buried Liquid/Liquid interfaces using SFG and neutron scattering methods.
2. Reddy, S. K.; Thiraux, R.; Rudd, B. A. W.; Lin, L.; Adel, T.; Joutsuka, T.; Geiger, F. M.; Allen, H. C.; Morita, A.; Paesani, F., Bulk Contributions Modulate the Sum-Frequency Generation Spectra of Water on Model Sea-Spray Aerosols. Chem 2018, 4 (7), 1629-1644.
3. Lin, L.; Zhang, Z.; Guo, Y.; Liu, M. H., Fabrication of Supramolecular Chirality from Achiral Molecules at the Liquid/Liquid Interface Studied by Second Harmonic Generation. Langmuir 2018, 34 (1), 139-146.
4. Li, Y. Y.; Feng, R. J.; Lin, L.; Liu, M. H.; Guo, Y.; Zhang, Z., Ordering effects of cholesterol on sphingomyelin monolayers investigated by high-resolution broadband sum-frequency generation vibrational spectroscopy. Chinese Chem. Lett. 2018, 29 (3), 357-360.
5. Ma, Y. X.; Xie, Y.; Lin, L.; Zhang, L.; Liu, M. H.; Guo, Y.; Lan, Z. G.; Lu, Z., Photodimerization Kinetics of a Styrylquinoline Derivative in Langmuir-Blodgett Monolayers Monitored by Second Harmonic Generation. J. Phys. Chem. C 2017, 121 (42), 23541-23550.
6. Ma, Y. X.; Lin, L.; Zhang, L.; Liu, M. H.; Guo, Y.; Lu, Z., Effect of acidity on morphologies and photodimerization kinetics in Langmuir-Blodgett monolayers of styrylquinoline derivatives. Chinese Chem. Lett. 2017, 28 (6), 1285-1289.
7. Feng, R. J.; Lin, L.; Li, Y. Y.; Liu, M. H.; Guo, Y.; Zhang, Z., Effect of Ca2+ to Sphingomyelin Investigated by Sum Frequency Generation Vibrational Spectroscopy. Biophys. J. 2017, 112 (10), 2173-2183.
8. Lin, L.; Zhang, Z.; Lu, Z.; Guo, Y.; Liu, M. H., Two-Photon-Induced Isomerization of Spiropyran/Merocyanine at the Air/Water Interface Probed by Second Harmonic Generation. J. Phys. Chem. A 2016, 120 (40), 7859-7864.
9. Lv, K.; Lin, L.; Wang, X. Y.; Zhang, L.; Guo, Y.; Lu, Z.; Liu, M. H., Significant Chiral Signal Amplification of Langmuir Monolayers Probed by Second Harmonic Generation. J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 2015, 6 (9), 1719-1723.
10. Lin, L.; Wang, T. Y.; Lu, Z.; Liu, M. H.; Guo, Y., In Situ Measurement of the Supramolecular Chirality in the Langmuir Monolayers of Achiral Porphyrins at the Air/Aqueous Interface by Second Harmonic Generation Linear Dichroism. J. Phys. Chem. C 2014, 118 (13), 6726-6733.
11. Liu, A. A.; Lin, L.; Lin, Y.; Guo, Y., Nonequilibrium Adsorption and Reorientation Dynamics of Molecules at Electrode/Electrolyte Interfaces Probed via Real-Time Second Harmonic Generation. J. Phys. Chem. C 2013, 117 (3), 1392-1400.
12. Lin, L.; Liu, A. A.; Guo, Y., Heterochiral Domain Formation in Homochiral alpha-Dipalmitoylphosphatidylcholine (DPPC) Langmuir Monolayers at the Air/Water Interface. J. Phys. Chem. C 2012, 116 (28), 14863-14872.