R&D Staff (Building Scientist)
Dr. Kaushik Biswas is an R&D staff member within the Building Envelope & Urban Systems Research group at Oak Ridge National Laboratory. His research is focused on whole building energy performance and durability analyses, which include evaluation of roofs, attics and walls. His recent research areas and interests include evaluation of alternative technologies for mitigating heat gains and losses through building envelopes, high-performance insulation materials and systems (vacuum insulation, phase change materials), and total lifetime environmental impacts of insulation materials. Dr. Biswas completed his PhD from Purdue University with specialization in combustion and flame radiation analysis. His other industrial experience is in investigation of building and vehicle fires.
- PhD (2007) and MS (2004) in Mechanical Engineering, Purdue Univ., West Lafayette, IN
- B.Eng. (2001) in Mechanical Engineering, Rajiv Gandhi Technological Univ., India
- Jan 2011 - Present, R&D Staff, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Aug 2009 - Jan 2011, Postdoctoral Research Associate, Oak Ridge Associated Universities
- Jan 2008 - Feb 2009, Associate, Exponent Failure Analysis Associates