Fahd A Mohiyaddin
Fahd A Mohiyaddin
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Dr. Fahd Mohiyaddin is a postdoctoral research associate focused at designing nano-electronic devices for quantum computation. His expertise lies in modeling silicon quantum bit (qubit) nanostructures with classical TCAD and atomistic techniques, in order to develop a fully scalable silicon quantum processor. He has published multiple refereed papers in high-impact journals, including in Nature Nanotechnology, Science Advances & Nano Letters. He is a member of the American Physical Society (APS) and also an active referee of the journal Physical Review Letters.
Prior to joining ORNL, he was a Research Fellow at the University of New South Wales (UNSW) and has served as the technical design house expert for TCAD semiconductor modeling at the Australian Nanofabrication Facility. His industry experience also includes developing firmware and algorithms for Cypress Semiconductors and Canon Information Systems Research Australia respectively.
Fahd received his Bachelors degree in Electronics Engineering from the National Institute of Technology Calicut, Masters in Microelectronics & Microsystems and Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from UNSW.
Best Paper Award, COMSOL Conference, Boston, USA (2017).
Best Poster Award, IEEE Technologies of the Future Poster Competition, Sydney, Australia (2013).
Best Poster Award, Annual Workshop of Centre for Quantum Computation & Communication Technology, Sunshine Coast, Australia (2013).
Finalist, Faculty of Engineering Dean’s Awards for Excellence in Post-Graduate Research, University of New South Wales, Australia (2013).
International Tuition Fee Remission Scholarship, University of New South Wales, Australia (2011-2014).
11. G. Tosi, F. A. Mohiyaddin, V. Schmitt, S. Tenberg, R. Rahman, G. Klimeck & A. Morello. Silicon Quantum Processor with Robust Long-distance Qubit Couplings, Nature Communications, 8, 450 (2017).
10. S. Freer, S. Simmons, A. Laucht, J. T. Muhonen, J. P. Dehollain, R. Kalra, F. A. Mohiyaddin, F. E. Hudson, K. M. Itoh, J. C. McCallum, D. N. Jamieson, A. S. Dzurak & A. Morello. A Single-atom Quantum Memory in Silicon, Quantum Science & Technology 2, 1 (2017).
9. A. Laucht, R. Kalra, S. Simmons, J. P. Dehollain, J. T. Muhonen, F. A. Mohiyaddin, S. Freer, F. E. Hudson, K. M. Itoh, J. C. McCallum, D. N. Jamieson, A. S. Dzurak & A. Morello, A Dressed Spin Qubit in Silicon, Nature Nanotechnology 12, 61-66 (2017).
8. T. S. Humble, M. N. Ericson, J. Jakowski, J. Huang, C. Britton, F. G. Curtis, E. Dumitrescu, F. A. Mohiyaddin & B. G. Sumpter. A Computational Design Workflow for Silicon Donor Qubits, Nanotechnology 27, 42 (2016).
7. F. A. Mohiyaddin, R. Kalra, A. Laucht, R. Rahman, G. Klimeck & A. Morello. Transport of Spin Qubits with Donor Chains under Realistic Experimental Conditions, Physical Review B, 94, 045314 (2016).
6. A. Laucht, J. T. Muhonen, F. A. Mohiyaddin, R. Kalra, J. P. Dehollain, S. Freer, F. E. Hudson, M. Veldhorst, R. Rahman, G. Klimeck, K. M. Itoh, D. N. Jamieson, J. C. McCallum, A.S. Dzurak & A. Morello. Electrically Controlling Single Spin Qubits in a Continuous Microwave Field, Science Advances 1, 3 (2015).
5. J. J. Pla, F. A. Mohiyaddin, K. Y. Tan, J. P. Dehollain, R. Rahman, G. Klimeck, D. N. Jamieson, A. S. Dzurak & A. Morello. Coherent Control of a Single Silicon-29 Nuclear Spin Qubit, Physical Review Letters, 113, 246801 (2014).
4. G. Tosi, F. A. Mohiyaddin, H. Huebl & A. Morello. Circuit Quantum Electrodynamics with Direct Magnetic Coupling to Single-Atom Spin Qubits in Isotopically Enriched 28Si, AIP Advances, 4, 087122 (2014).
3. A. Laucht, R. Kalra, J. T. Muhonen, J. P. Dehollain, F. A. Mohiyaddin, F. E. Hudson, J. C. McCallum, D. N. Jamieson, A. S. Dzurak & A. Morello. High-fidelity Adiabatic Inversion of a 31P Electron Spin Qubit in Natural Silicon, Applied Physics Letters, 104, 092115 (2014).
2. C. H. Yang, A. Rossi, R. Ruskov, N.S. Lai, F. A. Mohiyaddin, S. Lee, C. Tahan, G. Klimeck, A. Morello & A. S. Dzurak. Spin Valley Lifetimes in a Silicon Quantum Dot with Tuneable Valley Splitting, Nature Communications, 4, 2069 (2013).
1. F. A. Mohiyaddin, R. Rahman, R. Kalra, G. Klimeck, L. C. L. Hollenberg, J. J. Pla, A. S. Dzurak & A. Morello. Non Invasive Spatial Metrology of Single Atom Devices, Nano Letters, 13, 1903-1909 (2013).