- Michelle Buchanan, Deputy for Science and Technology
Proposals are the primary mechanism by which we fund our research, making proposal writing an essential skill in the research world. However, our best research ideas risk being overlooked without clear communication. With this in mind, Dr. Michelle Buchanan, ORNL’s Deputy for Science and Technology, will provide guidance on how to prepare a compelling peer-reviewed proposal. Dr. Buchanan has served on multiple 5-year review panels for the National Institutes of Health Genome Panel, National Cancer Institute, National Science Foundation, and various agencies within the Department of Energy.
- How the peer review system works
- Taking a reviewer’s mindset
- Key elements to your proposal
- Specific aims
- Current and pending funding