- Madelyn Creedon, Anne Harrington, and Laura Holgate, US Government and Nongovernment Agencies, Washington, DC
The three panelists have spent decades in the nation’s capital working on nonproliferation, safeguards, and security policy while serving in various senior positions in the White House, Congress, DOE, DOS, DOD, and nongovernmental organizations. They will share insights into the inner workings of Washington, DC, as they discuss the role of national labs in addressing contemporary challenges. The panelists seek an interactive dialogue with attendees on critical topics such as
- the implications of halting construction of South Carolina’s nuclear power plants,
- the nation’s role in developing next-generation nuclear technology,
- the best approaches for domestically retaining the uranium expertise needed to identify foreign attempts to divert peaceful programs to weapons, and
- the development of more secure safeguards.
This is the second seminar in ORNL's series on international nuclear nonproliferation. ORNL’s Global Security Directorate developed this series to foster professional growth of staff interested in nuclear nonproliferation.