- Neutron study of glaucoma drugs offers clues about enzyme targets for aggressive cancers
- Dan Jacobson : Embracing complexity in biological systems
- Researchers reveal how microbes cope in phosphorus-deficient tropical soil
- Biology—Telltale microbes
- ORNL's Tuskan on Clarivate Analytics' highly cited list
- SimPath licenses novel ORNL system for enhanced synthetic biology
Who we are
The Biosciences Division at Oak Ridge National Laboratory is focused on advancing science and technology to better understand complex biological systems and their relationship with the environment. The division has expertise and special facilities in genomics, computational biology, microbiology, microbial ecology, biophysics and structural biology, and plant sciences. This collective expertise includes collaborations within and outside ORNL and focuses on scientific challenges in biology for Department of Energy (DOE) missions in energy and the environment.