Who We Are
Oak Ridge National Laboratory is committed to creating an inclusive environment where diversity is valued so that individuals and teams will be inspired to contribute fully to the Laboratory's success. We will strive to be recognized by our employees and the community as an employer of choice.
Our diversity efforts support the Laboratory's mission to do "world-class science" by providing a pipeline of qualified, diverse candidates, and by recommending policies and procedures that ensure:
- equitable treatment and opportunities for all employees
- an environment free from harassment
- and respect for individual differences
To support the Laboratory's ongoing commitment to be a global leader in science and technology, we are committed to an inclusive environment where:
- individual differences are respected and valued
- diverse opinions and viewpoints are sought for collaboration
- attraction and retention of a diverse workforce is a priority
- reaching our individual potential is integral to achieving business objectives
- staff are recognized and rewarded for supporting diversity key principles
- our leaders are advocates of and role models for diversity
Oak Ridge National Laboratory's ability to achieve and maintain a competitive workforce in a rapidly changing business and political environment is greatly influenced by our ability to plan and forecast workforce needs and promote diversity. Effective workforce planning is critical to the Laboratory's ability to address growth and attrition, as well as short- and long-term skill needs. Maintaining an inclusive environment is a business imperative that focuses on the people in our entire work environment (internal and external) and how to maximize the unique talents of individuals, teams, and business partners to deliver quality products and services for our customers.