List of recent significant talks and presentations. Contact me if you are looking for the slides for a talk not listed here. I do not currently list talks where I am not the lead author, e.g. APS March meeting coauthored talks.
- “Binding and Diffusion of Li in Graphite: Quantum Monte Carlo Benchmarks and validation of Van der Waals DFT”, Contributed talk, APS March Meeting, March 2013, Baltimore, MD.
- “Quantum Monte Carlo for Materials”, Invited talk, 26th Annual CSP Workshop ("Recent Developments in Computer Simulation Studies in Condensed Matter Physics"), Athens, GA. February 2013.
- “Lithium ion batteries: from practice to theory”, Invited Joint Physics and Chemistry Seminar, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC. October 2012.
- “A Gentle Introduction to Electronic Structure Theory”, Invited talk, EFRC Summer School on Defects, Deformation and Damage in Structural Materials. June 2012. Knoxville TN. Adobe PDF [2MB].
- “Ab intio molecular dynamics of organic electrolytes, electrodes, and Li ion transport for battery applications”, Contributed talk, APS March Meeting, February 2012, Boston, MA.
- “Towards first principles models of the solid electrolyte interface for energy storage systems”, Invited talk, Molecular Foundry, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBL). January 2012.
- “Towards ab initio models of the solid electrolyte interface and improved accuracy for energy related materials”, Invited talk, Frontiers of Materials Seminar, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL). December 2011.
- “Lithium Ion Batteries: Challenges and opportunities for first principles simulation”, Invited talk, University of Nevada, Las Vegas. November 2011.
- “Challenges of first principles calculations for Lithium-Ion Batteries and Structural Materials”, Invited talk, SciDAC 2011 Meeting, July 2011, Denver, CO.
- “Properties of Liquid Electrolytes for Li-ion Battery Applications from First Principles Molecular Dynamics ”, Contributed talk, MRS Spring Meeting 2011, San Francisco, CA. Adobe PDF [5MB].
- “Properties of Liquid Electrolytes for Li-ion Battery Applications from First Principles Molecular Dynamics”, Contributed talk A20.13, APS March Meeting 2011, Dallas, TX. Adobe PDF [3MB].
- “Self-healing Quantum Monte Carlo: Theory and Applications”, Psi-K Meeting September 2010, Berlin, Germany.
- “Systematic reduction of sign errors in many-body calculations of atoms and molecules”, Contributed talk H23.9, APS March Meeting 2010, Portland, OR. Adobe PDF [1MB].
- “Molecular dynamics simulations of water on titanium oxide”, Contributed talk. MRS Spring Meeting April 2009, San Francisco, CA.
- “Bethe-Salpeter and Quantum Monte Carlo Calculations of the Optical Properties of Carbon Fullerenes”, Invited talk, Second International Workshop and Symposium on Correlated Electrons in Matter, April 2009, Gatlinburg, TN.
- “Nanoscale phase stability reversals in titanium oxide polymorphs”, Contributed talk A26.6, APS March Meeting 2009, Pittsburg, PA.
- “Atomistic Materials Science on the Cray XT”, Invited talk, Cray Technical Workshop North America, February 2009, Charleston, SC.
- “Challenges of Large-Scale Long-Time First Principles Molecular Dynamics”, Invited talk, SciDAC 2008 Meeting, July 2008, Seattle, WA.
- “Excitations in Carbon Fullerenes calculated by GW Bethe Salpeter and Quantum Monte Carlo”, Contributed talk B31.3, APS March Meeting 2008, New Orleans, LA. Adobe PDF [2MB].
- “Combined LDA+DCA Calculations of Cuprate Superconductors”, 48th Sanibel Symposium, invited talk. Februrary 2008. St. Simons Island, GA.
- “Computational challenges in nanoscience: an ab initio perspective”, Invited talk, Scientific Impacts and Opportunities in Computing, January 2008, Maui, HI.
- “Productive Electronic Structure Calculations for Nanoscience on the Cray XT4”, Supercomputing 2007 (SC07)/HPC Nano 2007. November 2007, Reno NV.
- “Role of stoichiometry on the magnetic structure of FePt nanoparticles”, Contributed talk V14.3, APS March Meeting 2007, Denver, CO.
- “DFT calculations of magnetic FePt nanoparticles”, Contributed talk D23.7, APS March Meeting 2006, Baltimore MD. Adobe PDF [3MB].
- “Efficiency of plane wave DFT calculations on the CRAY X1E ”, SIAM conference on Parallel Processing PP06, invited talk. February 2006, San Franciso CA.
- “Combined DFT+Many-Body calculations of cuprate superconductors”, 3rd Psi-K meeting "Towards atomistic materials design", invited talk. September 2005. Schwabisch Gmund, Germany.
- “Combined DFT+Many-body calculations of cuprate superconductors”, 17th Annual Workshop on Recent Developments in Electronic Structure Methods (ES05), invited talk. Cornell University, June 2005. Ithaca, NY.
- “LDA+DCA Calculations of cuprate superconductors”, Contributed talk S12.06, APS March Meeting 2005, Los Angeles CA. Adobe PDF [1MB].
- “Localized states due to oxygen in II-VI semiconductors”, Contributed talk S18.14, APS March Meeting 2005, Los Angeles CA. Adobe PDF [1MB].
- “Cuprate Superconductors: Towards Material Specific Calculations”, University of North Dakota, January 2005. Grand Forks North Dakota. Adobe PDF [3MB].
- “LDA-DCA Calculations of cuprate superconductors”, 2nd Meeting on Predictive Capabilities for Strongly Correlated Systems, November 2004, Oak Ridge Tennessee. Adobe PDF [3MB].
- “Carrier induced ferromagnetism in II-IV-V2 Mn-doped chalcopyrites”, Contributed talk G2.2, MRS Spring Meeting April 2004, San Francisco California. Adobe PDF [1MB].
- “Carrier induced ferromagnetism in II-IV-V2 Mn-doped chalcopyrites”, Contributed talk H24.013, APS March Meeting 2004, Montreal Quebec. Adobe PDF [1MB].
- “Novel materials for high-performance solar cells”, Seminar, Ohio University, Athens Ohio. January 2004. Powerpoint presentation [7MB] or Adobe PDF [6MB].
- “Quantum Monte Carlo for Electronic Structure”, Group Meeting, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati Ohio. June 2003. Powerpoint presentation [4MB] or Adobe PDF [2.4MB].
- “The physics of blue lasers, solar cells, and stop lights”, Seminar, Ohio State University, Columbus Ohio April 2003. Powerpoint presentation [6MB] or Adobe PDF [11MB].
- “Pressure evolution of localized nitrogen cluster states in GaAsN alloys”, Contributed talk N25.015, APS March Meeting 2003, Austin Texas. Powerpoint presentation [4MB] or Adobe PDF [5MB].
- “The physics of blue lasers, solar cells, and stop lights”, Seminar, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati Ohio. February 2003.
- “The physics of blue lasers, stop lights, and solar cells”, Colloquium, Arizona State University, Phoenix Arizona. January 2002
- “Dilute nitrides: phenomenology and applications”, Invited talk, HLCS Euroconference: XI Workshop on Computational Materials Science (CMS2001), Sardinia, Italy. September 2001. Cancelled post 11th September.
- “Effect of alloy nanostructure on the electronic properties of GaAsN, GaPN, and InGaN”, Invited talk, International Conference on Atomically Controlled Surfaces, Interfaces, and Nanostructures (ACSIN6). Lake Tahoe, California. July 2001.
- “Effect of alloy nanostructure on the electronic properties of GaAsN, GaPN, and InGaN”, Invited talk, APS March Meeting 2001, Seattle Washington.
Comments, questions? Contact Paul Kent.Last updated Thursday 18 April 2013.