Ramesh R. Bhave
Director, Inorganic Membrane Technology Laboratory
Physical Chemistry of Materials Group
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
1 Bethel Valley Rd.
Oak Ridge, TN 37831-6044
Tel: (865) 574-6025
Fax: (865) 576-6298
- R. Sondhi and R. R. Bhave, Role of backpulsing in fouling minimization in crossflow filtration with ceramic membranes, J. Membrane Sci. 186, 41 (2001).
- R. R. Bhave, G. Jung and R. Sondhi, Potential savings through ceramic membrane caustic reclaim, Food Processing, 49, December (2001).
- R. R. Bhave and J.L. Filson, On-line ozonation in ultra pure water membrane filtration, U.S Patent 5,645,727, July 8, 1997.
- R. R. Bhave, Crossflow Filtration, in Fermentation and Biochemical Engineering Handbook, H. C. Vogel and C. L. Todaro (eds), Second Edition, Noyes Publications p271-347 (1996).
- R. R. Bhave, J.L. Filson and W.R. Carrera, Ultra pure water filtration, U. S. Patent 5,518,624, May 21, 1996.
- R. R. Bhave, J.R. Morgart, J.L. Filson and J.J. Peters, Bacteria removal by ceramic microfiltration, U.S.Patent 5,242,595.
- J. L. Filson and R. R. Bhave, Crossflow filtration of produced water with ceramic membranes, Paper D5, Advances in Filtration and Separation Technology, May (1993).
- R. R. Bhave, S.P. Evans, A.S.Chen and H.J. Weltman, Recovery and Reuse of water-based cleaners, U.S. Patent 5,205,937, April 27, 1993.
- R. R. Bhave, K.K. Sirkar, H. T. Taskier and M. I. Ostler, Immobilized Liquid Membrane, U. S. Patent 5,110,326, May 5, 1992.
- R. R. Bhave, J.L.Filson, J.R. Morgart and J.M. Graaskamp, Pyrogens separations by ceramic ultrafiltration, U.S. Patent, 5,104,546, April 14, 1992.
- R.R. Bhave, Inorganic Membranes: Synthesis, Characteristics and Applications, Van Nostrand Reinhold, (1991), reprinted Chapman and Hall (1991).
- R. R. Bhave, K. K. Sirkar, H. T. Taskier and M. I. Ostler, Immobilized Liquid Membrane, U. S. Patent 4,973,434, November 27, 1990.
- T. S. Crimmins, J. A. Raper, C. J.D. Fell and R. R. Bhave, Operating characteristics of ceramic membranes used for gas cleaning, Proceedings of the Fifth World Filtration Conference, Nice, France, p196, June (1990).
- J. C. S. Wu, T. E. Gerdes, J. L Pszczolski, R. R. Bhave and P. K. T. Liu, Dehydrogenation of ethylbenzene to styrene using commercial ceramic membranes as reactors, Separ. Sci. Technol. 25 (13-15), 1489 (1990).
- R. R. Bhave and H. L. Fleming, Removal of oily contaminants in wastewater with microporous alumina membranes, American Institute of Chemical Engineers, Symposium Series, New Membrane Materials and Processes for Separations, No. 261, Vol. 84, 19 (1988).
- H. P. Hsieh, R. R. Bhave and H. L. Fleming, Microporous alumina membranes, J. Membrane Sci., 39, 221 (1988).
- M. Sidhoum, S. Majumdar, R. R. Bhave, A. Sengupta and K. K. Sirkar, Experimental behavior of asymmetric cellulose acetate membranes and their use to novel separation schemes, American Institute of Chem. Engr. Symposium Series, No. 261, Vol. 84, 102 (1988).
- R. R. Bhave and K. K. Sirkar, Gas permeation and separation with aqueous membranes immobilized in microporous hydrophobic hollow fibers: Theory and applications, American Chemical society Symp. Ser. 347, p138, Eds: R. D. Noble and J. D. Way (1987).
- R. R. Bhave and K. K. Sirkar, Gas permeation and separation by aqueous membranes immobilized across the whole thickness or in a thin section of hydrophobic microporous Celgard films, J. Membrane Sci., 27, 41 (1986).
- R. R. Bhave, R. Prasad, A. Kiani and K. K. Sirkar, Further studies on solvent extraction with immobilized interfaces in a microporous hydrophobic membrane, J. Membrane Sci., 26, 79 (1986).
- R. R. Bhave, A. Kiani and K. K. Sirkar, Solvent extraction with immobilized interfaces in microporous hydrophobic membranes, J. Membrane Sci., 20, 125 (1984).
- R. R. Bhave, S. S. Lele and M. M. Sharma, Fast and very slow reactions: Phase transfer catalysis, Chem. Eng. Sci., 38, 765 (1983).
- R. R. Bhave and M. M. Sharma, Extraction of COS dissolved in n-heptane into aqueous sodium hydroxide: Phase transfer catalysis, Chem. Eng. Sci., 39, 141 (1983).
- R. R. Bhave, S. S. Lele and M. M. Sharma, Fast liquid-liquid reactions: Role of emulsifiers, Ind. Eng.Chem.Proc.Res.Develp., 22, 73 (1983).
- R. R. Bhave, Recent developments in polymer supported reactions: Triphase catalysis, Chem. Ind. News, 330, September (1981).
- R. R. Bhave, S. S. Lele and M. M. Sharma, Phase transfer catalysis in extraction accompanied by fast reaction in diffusion film, Chem. Eng. Sci., 36, 955 (1981).
- R. R. Bhave, Kinetics of homogeneous alkylation of phenol with alpha-pinene, Ind. Chem. Engr., 23, 15 (1981).
- R. R. Bhave and M. M. Sharma, Liquid-liquid reactors: Operation under refluxing conditions; Measurement of effective interfacial area, Trans Inst. Chem. Engr., 59, 161 (1981).
- R. R. Bhave and M. M. Sharma, Kinetics of two-phase reduction of aromatic compounds by aqueous sodium sulfides, J. Chem.Tech. Biotechnol. 31, 1 (1981).