M. P. Brady:
- Y. Yamamoto, M. P. Brady, Z. P. Lu, P. J. Maziasz, C.T. Liu, B. A. Pint, K. L. More, H. M. Meyer, E. A. Payzant, “Creep-Resistant, Al2O3-Forming Austenitic Stainless Steels,” Science, 316 (5823), pp. 433-436 (April 20, 2007).
- M. P. Brady, B. Yang, H. Wang, J. A. Turner, K. L. More, M. Wilson, and F. Garzon, “Formation of Protective Nitride Surfaces for PEM Fuel Cell Metallic Bipolar Plates,” JOM-Journal of Metals, Minerals, and Materials Society, 58(8), pp. 50-57 (August 2006).
- M. P. Brady, B. A. Pint, Z. G. Lu, J. H. Zhu, C. E. Milliken, E. D. Kreidler, L. Miller, T. R. Armstrong, and L. R. Walker., “Comparison of oxidation behavior and electrical properties of doped NiO- and Cr2O3-forming alloys for solid-oxide, fuel cell metallic interconnects,” Oxidation of Metals 65 (3-4), pp. 237-261 (2006).
- M. P. Brady and P. F. Tortorelli, “Alloy Design of Intermetallics for Protective Scale Formation and for Use as Precursors for Complex Ceramic Phase Surfaces,” Intermetallics, 12 (7-9): 779 (2004).
- M. P. Brady, I. M. Anderson, M. L. Weaver, H. M. Meyer, L. R. Walker, M. K. Miller, D. J. Larson, I. G. Wright, V. K. Sikka, A. Rar, G. M. Pharr, J. R. Keiser, and C. A. Walls, “Nitrogen Impurity Gettering in Oxide Dispersion Ductilized Chromium,” Materials Science and Engineering A, 358(1-2): 243-254 (2003).
J. R. Keiser:
- J. R. Keiser, D. L. Singbeil, G. B. Sarma, J. R. Kish, K. A. Choudhury, L. A. Frederick, J. P. Gorog, F. R. Jetté, C. R. Hubbard, R. W. Swindeman, P. M. Singh, J. Yuan, P. J. Maziasz, “Cracking and Corrosion of Composite Tubes in Black Liquor Recovery Boilers,” Chapter in 40 Years Recovery Boiler Co-Operation in Finland, Proceedings of the International Recovery Boiler Conference, Haikko Manor, Porvoo, Finland, May 12-14, 2004.
- J. R. Keiser, D. L. Singbeil, G. B. Sarma, J. R. Kish, K. A. Choudhury, C. R. Hubbard, L. A. Frederick, J. Yuan, P. M. Singh, “Causes And Solutions For Recovery Boiler Primary Air Port Composite Tube Cracking,” Proceedings of the 11th International Chemical Recovery Conference, Charleston, SC, June 7-11, 2004, Winner of I. H. Welden Best Paper Award for 2004 Conferences.
- J. R. Keiser, J. G. Hemrick, R. A. Peascoe-Meisner, C. R. Hubbard, and J. P. Gorog, “Studies And Selection Of Containment Materials For High-Temperature Black Liquor Gasification,” Proceedings of TAPPI Engineering, Pulping and Environmental Conference, TAPPI Press, Atlanta, GA, November 2006.
- J. R. Keiser, J. R. Kish, L. A. Frederick, A. W. Willoughby, K. A. Choudhury, D. L. Singbeil, F. R. Jetté, J. P. Gorog, “Recovery Boiler Superheater Corrosion Studies,” Proceedings of the International Chemical Recovery Conference, Quebec City, QC, Canada, May 29-June 1, 2007, Winner of Conference Best Paper Award.
- J. R. Keiser, R. A. Meisner, J. G. Hemrick, J. P. Gorog, W. R. Leary, C. A. Brown, I. Landälv, A. Gupta and K. A. McGowan, “Recent Experience With Structural Materials In Commercial-Scale Black Liquor Gasifiers,” Proceedings of the International Chemical Recovery Conference, Quebec City, QC, Canada, May 29 June 1, 2007.
B. A. Pint:
- B. A. Pint, “Overview of Coating and Compatibility Research For Fusion Energy in the United States,” Materials Science Forum, in press (2008).
- B. A. Pint, K. L. More, R. Trejo, and E. Lara-Curzio,“Comparison of Recuperator Alloy Degradation in Laboratory and Engine Testing,” Journal of Engineering for Gas Turbines and Power, v. 130, Art. No. 012101.159+ (2008).
- B. A. Pint, Y. Zhang, L. R. Walker, and I. G. Wright, “Long-Term Performance of Aluminide Coatings on Fe-Base Alloys,” Surface and Coatings Technology, v. 202, p. 637-642.183 (2007).
- B. A. Pint, J. R. DiStefano, and I. G. Wright, "Oxidation Resistance: One Barrier to Moving Beyond Ni-Base Superalloys," Materials Science and Engineering, v.A415, p.255-263 (2006).
- B. A. Pint, S. A. Speakman, C. J. Rawn, and Y. Zhang, “Deformation and Phase Transformations During Cyclic Oxidation of Ni-Al and Ni-Pt-Al –Relevance to Platinum Aluminide Coating Performance,” Journal of Metals, v. 58(1), p.47-52 (2006).
- B. A. Pint, "Progress in Understanding the Reactive Element Effect Since the Whittle and Stringer Literature Review," in Proc. John Stringer Symposium on High Temperature Corrosion, P. F. Tortorelli, I. G. Wright, and P. Y. Hou (eds.), ASM International, Materials Park, OH, pp. 9-19 (2003).
S. J. Pawel:
- S. J. Pawel, J. R. DiStefano, and E. T. Manneschmidt, “Thermal Gradient Mass Transfer of Type 316L Stainless Steel and Alloy 718 in Flowing Hg,” J. Nucl. Mater, 296 (2001) 210-218.
- S. J. Pawel, and E. T. Manneschmidt, “Preliminary Evaluation of Cavitation Resistance of Type 316LN Stainless Steel in Mercury Using a Vibratory Horn,” J. Nucl. Mater., 318 (2003) 122-131.
- S. J. Pawel, A. W. Willoughby, H. F. Longmire, and P. M. Singh, “An Experience with Detection and Assessment of SAC in a Recovery Boiler,” NACE/CORROSION-2004, paper 04517, New Orleans, March 2004.
- S. J. Pawel, “Assessment of Cavitation-Erosion Resistance of 316LN Stainless Steel in Mercury as a Function of Surface Treatment,” J. Nucl. Mater., 343 (2005) 101-115.
- S. J. Pawel and L. K. Mansur, “Cavitation-Erosion Resistance of 316LN Stainless Steel in Mercury Containing Metallic Solutes,” J. Nucl. Mater., 377 (2008) 174-181.
D. F. Wilson:
- G. L. Edgemon, D. F. Wilson, and V. Anda, “Laboratory Investigations of Corrosion Phenomena in Simulated Defense Nuclear Waste Solutions,” Corrosion 2008, Paper 08375, NACE International, Houston, TX, April 2008.
- Y. Katoh, D. F. Wilson, and C. W. Forsberg, Assessment of Silicon Carbide Composites for Advanced Salt-Cooled Reactors, ORNL/TM-2007/168, UT-Battelle, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, December 2007.
- S. R. Sherman, D. F. Wilson, and S. J. Pawel, NHI Component Technical Readiness Evaluation System, Proceedings of Global 2007, Advanced Nuclear Fuels Cycles and Systems, American Nuclear Society, September 2007.
- D. F. Wilson and P. L. Rittenhouse, Effects of Impure Helium Environments on Surface and Near-Surface Microstructures of Reactor Candidate Materials, ORNL/TM-2005-525, UT-Battelle, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, September 2005.
- M. D. Kass, J. F. Thomas, D. F. Wilson, S. A. Lewis, Sr., and A. Sarles, “Assessment of Corrosivity Associated with Exhaust Gas Recirculation in a Heavy-Duty Diesel Engine,” Proceedings of SAE International 2004, 2005-01-0657.
I. G. Wright:
- I. G. Wright, A. S. Sabau, and R. B. Dooley, “Development of Strain in Oxides Grown in Steam Tubes,” accepted for publication in Mat. Sci. Forum (May 2008).
- A. S. Sabau and I. G. Wright, "The Effects of Changing Fuels on Hot gas Path Conditions in Syngas Turbines,” accepted for publication in Journal of Engineering for Gas Turbines and Power (May 2008).
- I. G. Wright and P. F. Tortorelli, and M. Schütze, “Oxide Growth and Exfoliation on Alloys Exposed to Steam,” EPRI Report No. 1013666 (2007).
- G. J. Tatlock, E. G. Dyadko, S. N. Dryepondt, and I. G. Wright, ”Pulsed Plasma-Assisted Diffusion Bonding of ODS-FeCrAl Alloys,” Met. & Matls. Trans. A, 38A, 1663-5 (2007).
- J. P. Shingledecker and I. G. Wright, “Evaluation of the Materials Technology Required for a 760ºC Power Steam Boiler,” pp. 107-119 in Materials for Advanced Power Engineering 2006, J. Lecomte-Beckers, M. Carton, F. Schubert, and P. J. Ennis, Eds., Schriften des Forschungszentrums Jülich (2006).
K. A. Unocic:
K.A. Unocic, M.J. Mills and G.S. Daehn, “Effect of Focus Ion Beam Milling on Preparation of Aluminum Thin Foils,” Submitted to Journal of Microscopy (2010).
- K.A. Unocic, R.W. Hayes and G.S. Daehn, “Microstructural Features Leading to Enhanced Resistance to Grain Boundary Cracking in Allvac 718Plus,” Metallurgical and Materials Transactions 41A (2010) 409-420.
- K.A. Unocic, M.J. Mills and G.S. Daehn, “Challenges in Preparing Aluminum Alloys for Grain Boundary Characterization,” Microscopy and Microanalysis, Vols. 14 (2008) 556-557CD.
- K.A. Unocic and G.S. Daehn, “Jacquet-Lucas Award: TEM Sample Preparation Method for Grain Boundary Phase Identification in Al-Mg alloys,” Advanced Materials & Processes, Vol. 166, Issue 2 (2008) 42-43.
- K.A. Unocic, P. Kobe, M.J. Mills and G.S. Daehn, “Grain Boundary Precipitate Modification for Improved Intergranular Corrosion Resistance,” Materials Science Forum, Vol. 519-21(1) (2006) 327-332.
- K.A. Unocic, M.J. Mills, G.S. Daehn, and P. Kobe, “Microstructural Analysis of 5XXX Series Aluminum Alloys Modified for Optimal Strength and Corrosion Resistance,” Microscopy and Microanalysis, 11 (Suppl 2) (2005) 700-701.
- S.R. Claves, K.A. Janiszewska, W.Z. Misiolek, W. Libura, “Metal Flow in Billets of Thin-Walled Extrudates,” 8th International Aluminum Extrusion Technology Seminar ET 2004, Orlando, FL, The Aluminum Association & Aluminum Extruders Council (2004) 55-67.