Nidia C. Gallego
Research Staff Member
Carbon Materials Group
Materials Science & Technology Division
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
P.O. Box 2008
Oak Ridge, TN 37831-6086
Phone: (865) 241-9459
Fax: (865) 576-8424
- 2000 Ph.D. in Materials Science and Engineering, Clemson University
- 1996 M.Sc. in Materials Science and Engineering, Clemson University
- 1993 B.S. in Industrial Engineering, Universidad del Valle, Colombia, S.A.
- 12/2000-Present Research Staff Member, Materials Science and Technology Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- 01/1995-12/2000 Graduate Research Assistant, Clemson University
- 07/1994-12/1994 International Visitor, Clemson University
- 09/1993-07/1994 Instructor, Universidad del Valle, Colombia, S.A.
Professional Activities and Awards:
- 2004 UT-Battelle Science and Technology, Early Career Award.
- Member of IEA Hydrogen Implementing Agreement Task 17 – Solid and Liquid State Hydrogen Storage Materials
- Member Advisory Committee – IPHE International Hydrogen Storage Technology Conference, to be held in Barga, Italy, June 19-22, 2005
- Member DOE’s Carbon Working Group
- Secretary / Treasurer, American Carbon Society – 2004- to date.
- Oak Ridge Chapter of ASM International: Chair (2004-2005); Vice-chair (2003-2004); Secretary (2002-2003).
- Co-organizer Education Symposium “The Hydrogen Future” – March 2003
- Co-organizer of 4th Annual Carbon Foam Workshop –October 2002
- Member ASTM International, Committee D02 on Petroleum Products and Lubricants
- Member American Carbon Society
- Member Materials Research Society