Roll to Roll Processing
Pulse Thermal Processing: Large Area, High Speed
What is it?
A new technology for rapid processing of functional thin-film and nanoparticle material systems on low-cost temperature-sensitive substrates.
Why is it Important?
- Innovative materials processing technology that significantly enhances material performance by controlling microstructure at the nanoscale.
- Incorporates sintering, annealing, curing, or high-speed drying processes in one modality
- Provides very high energy flux and heating rates with extremely short exposure times
- Lends itself to high speed roll-to-roll processing
What is the Status?
- Currently integrated into production prototyping
- Demonstrated on thin film photovoltaics and printed electronics