Instructions for viewing LandScan™ 2011 Sample Data using ESRI ArcMap 9.2 (and higher) with the Spatial Analyst Extension:
- Download the sample data file LS11sample_Cyprus.zip (205KB)
- Unzip the file using WinZip or compatible (files compressed with ver 14.0)
- Open ESRI ArcMap
- Verify that the Spatial Analyst extension is turned on
- Click the "add data" button
- Select the "cyprus" grid and the "LS2011_cyprus.lyr" layer file
- Make sure that the layer file is located above the grid file in the Table of Contents
You are ready to preview the LandScan data. Click here for an image (4228x2888, 61KB) of the data.
NOTE: The table contains two data fields:
Value: the number of people (not density) per cell
Count: the number of cells that contain the same number of people
The data resolution is 30 arc seconds. The coordinates are Geographic WGS84.
If you use an older version of ESRI software (i.e., 3.x or other) and need assistance loading the data, please contact LandScan User Services.