Energy and Environmental Sciences Directorate
Nuclear Science & Technology
Nuclear science and technology builds on Oak Ridge National Laboratory’s roots in research into nuclear power during the Manhattan Project. Researchers in Energy and Environmental Sciences (EES) conduct both basic research and applied technology development contributing to nuclear safeguards and security, nuclear medicine, and advanced nuclear reactor designs.
Follow these links for more information about EES research and development activities in nuclear science and technology.
- Fuels, Isotopes, and Nuclear Materials
- Global Nuclear Security Technology Division
- Global Security and Nonproliferation Programs
- Nuclear Modeling, Design and Safety
- Nuclear Science and Technology Division
- Nuclear Technology Program Office
- Safeguards and Security Technology