Technical Testing & Analysis Center Environmental Effects Laboratory
Our Technical Testing and Analysis Program Leads the U.S. in Specialized Evaluations and Pre-deployment Validations Studies
- Capabilities include temperature, humidity, air pressure (altitude), magnetic field, EMI/EMC, line noise, voltage variation, vibration, shock, salinity, radiation exposure
- Automated data collection and viewing when needed
- Staff are active in standard development including the IEC and ANSI
- TC104 and TC45, and N42
- U.S. leaders in specialized evaluations
- We develop testing protocols and characterize, analyze, and evaluate mission critical systems for DOE, DHS, DOD and Industry.
Developing and Testing Radiation Detection Instrumentation
Advanced Power Line Conductors
Freeze-proof Power lines: Electric Utilities are Confronted with Power Systems Outages During Winter Due to Power Line Icing.
Sensors Providing Impact
- Solving important problems for DHS, DOE, DOD, and industry
- 3 Federal Laboratory Excellence in Technology Transfer Awards -- 1 of which was a National Winner
- Leading National & International Standards work in environmental effects, radiation instrumentation, and fiber optics
- From 2003 to present -- 10 Patents, 31 Applications, and 57 Invention Disclosures; 29 peer-reviewed publications; 2 licensed techologies; 1 start-up company
- A leader in sensors systems development for harsh environments and microsensor arrays
- Skills sets include: physical, chemical, optical, acoustic, electro-magnetic measurement science and material science in support of sensor development efforts.