Meng Lian is a post-doctoral research associate in the Biological and Nanoscale Systems group of the Bioscience Division at Oak Ridge National Laboratory. He received his Ph.D. in 2010 in electrical engineering from The University of Tennessee with a dissertation titled “Microfluidic manipulation using AC Electrothermal effect”. His research interests include electrokinetic fluid manipulation in microfluidic devices, generation/encapsulation of microdroplets and cell sorting. He is currently working on the functional sorting of microbial cell project.
- M. Lian and J. Wu, “Ultra Fast Micropumping by Biased AC Electrokinetics,” Appl. Phys. Lett., 94, 064101.
- M. Lian and J. Wu, “Microfluidic flow reversal at low frequency by AC electrothermal effect,” J. Microfluid. Nanofluid., online first http://www.springerlink.com/content/ 27625857m2252nmw/fulltext.pdf.
- M. Lian, J. Wu, H.-Y. Jiang and H.-K. Yang, “Trapping and Manipulation of Nanoparticles by AC Electrothermal Effect in Laboratory-on-a-Chip Applications,” J. Southeast Univ. (China), 2008
- J. Wu, M. Lian, and K. Yang, “Micropumping of Biofluids by AC Electrothermal Effects,” Appl. Phys. Lett., 90, 234103, 2007.
- M. Lian, N. Islam and J. Wu, “AC Electrothermal Manipulation of Conductive Fluids and Particles for Lab-chip Applications,” IET Nanobiotechnology, 1(3), pp. 36-43. 2007.
- N. Islam, M. Lian, and J. Wu, “Enhancing Cantilever Capability with Integrated AC Electrokinetic Trapping Mechanism,” J. Microfluid. Nanofluid, 3(3), pp. 369-375, 2007.
- M. Lian, N. Islam and J. Wu, “Particle Line Assembly/Patterning by Microfluidic AC electroosmosis,” Int’l MEMS Conf., May 9-12, 2006, Singapore, J. Phys.: Conf. Series, 34, pp. 589 – 594, 2006.
- N. Islam, M. Lian, J. Wu, R. Zhou, P. Wang and H.-C. Chang, “Bio/nano- particle Capture, Concentration and Detection by AC Electrokinetics,” ORNL CNMS 2006 User Meeting, June 14-16, 2006, Oak Ridge, TN
- J. Wu, N. Islam and M. Lian, “High Sensitivity Particle Detection By Biased AC Electro-Osmotic Trapping on Cantilever,” 19th IEEE Int’l Conf. Micro Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMS 2006), Jan. 22-26, Istanbul, Turkey, pp. 566 – 569.
- N. Islam, M. Lian, S. Swaminathan and J. Wu, “Micro/Nano- Particulate Fluid Manipulation in AC Electro-Kinetic Lab-on-a-Chip,” 2nd ASM - IEEE EMBS Conf. Bio, Micro & Nanosyst., pp. 62-65, Jan. 15-18, 2006, San Francisco, CA, USA.