Materials- Transparent conducting oxide thin-film materials, luminescent materials, phosphors, long persistent phosphors, nanophosphors, single crystal, ceramics, powder and nanoparticles, metals, insulators and wide band gap semiconductors, polymers, dielectric materials.
Optical Spectroscopy- Optical spectroscopy, laser spectroscopy, photoluminescence, photo-dynamics, energy transfer, thermoluminescence, and photoconductivity, triboluminescence, electroluminescence.
Thin-film and device technology- Pulsed laser deposition, glancing angle magnetron sputtering deposition, magnetron sputtering deposition, thermal vapor deposition, chemical vapor deposition, spin coating, dip coating, chemical etching, stamp lithography, electrochemical deposition.
Materials and nanomaterials processing technology- Single crystal fibers growth by laser heated pedestal growth by CO2 lasers, solid state chemical reaction to prepare ceramics and powders, nanoparticle preparation by using precipitation, stabilized precipitation, sol-gel, salted sol-gel, combustion, sol-gel combustion techniques, and high temperature second phase solid precipitation.
Nanostructures fabrication technology- Nanofibers, two dimensional nanostructures by using masking and self assembly technique, three dimensional nanostructures by using glancing angle deposition techniques.
Structure and morphology characterization technology- X-ray diffraction (XRD), transmission electron microscope (TEM), high-resolution transmission electron microscope (HRTEM), scanning electron microscope (SEM), atomic force microscope (AFM), step profiler, optical scope.
Laser techniques- Construction of diode pumped solid-state fiber lasers, operating Nd: YAG cw laser, Nd:YAG pulse lasers, Nd:YAG pumped dye lasers, CO2 lasers, Ar lasers, ring dye lasers, excimer lasers, diode lasers, N2 gas laser.
- Ground-state measurement of Pr3+ in Y2O3 by photoconductivity, D. Jia, X. Wang and W. Yen, Phys. The Solid Stat. 50 (2008) 1674.
- Behavior of TiO2 thin-film in nanocapacitor, D. Jia and X. Wang, J. Nanosci. and Nanotech. 8 (2008) 1234.
- Nanophosphors for white light leds, D. Jia Chem. Eng.Comm. 194 (2007) 1666.
- Alkali earth sulfide phosphors doped with Eu2+ and Ce3+ for LEDs, Dongdong Jia, Xiaojun Wang, Opt. Mater. 30 (2007) 375.
- Long persistent alkali-earth silicate phosphors doped with Eu2+,Nd3+, D. Jia, W. Jia and Y. Jia, J. Appl. Phys. 101(2) (2007) 023520.
- Trapping processes of 5d electrons in Ce3+ doped SrAl2O4, Dongdong Jia, Xiao-jun Wang, W. Jia, and W. M. Yen, J. Lumin. 122-123 (2007) 311.
- Emission of Pr3+ from two sites in CaHfO3 perovskite, W. Jia, D. Jia, T. Rodriguez, Y. Wang, H. Jiang and K. Li, J. Lumin. 122-123 (2007) 55.
- Synthesize and Characterize YAG:Ce3+ LED Nanophosphor, D. Jia, Y. Wang, X. Guo, K. Li, Y. K. Zou, W. Jia, J. Electrochem. Soc. 154 (1) (2006) J1.
- Long persistent light emitting diode, D. Jia and D. Hunter, J. Appl. Phys. 100, (2006) 113125.
- Enhancement of long-persistence by Ce3+ codoping in CaS:Eu2+,Tm3+, Dongdong Jia, J. Electrochem. Soc. 153(11) (2006) H198.
Long persistent material (PRC patent ZL 99 1 26237.9; Int. Cat. No. C09K 11/84) 1999.
A long persistent material and preparation method (PRC patent ZL 00 1 00338.0; Int. Cat. No. C09K 11/84) 2000.
Long persistent phosphors and persistent energy transfer method (US/International pending patent, 374696) 2003.
Multi-Dimensional Nanostructure Arrays and Methods for Fabrication and use thereof (U.S. Provisional Patent Application Serial No. 60/753, 807) December 23, 2005.
Dongdong Jia, Yingyin K. Zou, Kewen K. Li, and Xiaomei Guo, Salted Sol-Gel method for synthesis of phosphors and ceramics, US provisional patent application 2007.
Long persistent IR phosphors, George Jia et. Al. (US pending patent) 2008.
Long persistent Gallium-Germanium-Garnet IR phosphors, W. Jia, D. Jia, W. Wang, W. Yen (US pending patent) 2009.