Oak Ridge National Laboratory is home to a number of highly sophisticated experimental user facilities. These research laboratories are designed to serve staff scientists and engineers, as well as researchers from universities, industry, foreign institutions, and other government laboratories.
A complete list of ORNL research facilities, including user facilities, is also available.
ORNL User Facilities
- Building Technologies Research and Integration Center
- Center for Nanophase Materials Sciences (CNMS)
- Center for Structural Molecular Biology (Bio-SANS)
- High Flux Isotope Reactor (HFIR) User Facilities
- High Temperature Materials Laboratory (HTML)
- Holifield Radioactive Ion Beam User Facility (HRIBF)
- National Center for Computational Sciences
- National Transportation Research Center (NTRC)
- Safeguards Laboratory (SL)
- Shared Research Equipment (SHaRE) User Facility
- Spallation Neutron Source Experimental Facility (SNS)