Oak Ridge National Laboratory is home to one of the nation's strongest materials sciences programs. Scientists at ORNL are involved in studies ranging from fundamental research to the latest applications of virtually all classes of materials. ORNL's unique strengths in materials synthesis, processing, and characterization are applied to all areas of emphasis. Thousands of guest scientists come to ORNL each year to make use of its world-class facilities.
Follow these links for more information about Advanced Materials research at Oak Ridge National Laboratory.
- AFA Steels
- Center for Defect Physics
- Center for Nanophase Materials Sciences
- CF8C-Plus Steels
- High Temperature Materials Laboratory
- Industrial Technologies Program
- Materials in Extreme Environments
- Materials Science and Technology
- Materials Synthesis at ORNL
- Membrane Separations Research Program
- M-Plus User Program
- Oak Ridge Integrated Center
- Physical Sciences Directorate
- Sustainable Transportation Program