Media Contact: Fred Strohl
Communications and Media Relations
Seven companies selected for ORNL mentor protege program
Participants in ORNL's mentor protégé program cermemony: (seated) Carol Gibb, C. Gibb Consultants; Christy Shaw, Envision Engineering; and Kathleen Schlitz, Ingenium; (standing)Johnny Moore, assistant manager for Science, DOE Oak Ridge Operations; ORNL Director Thom Mason; Joe Zimmerman, XCEL Engineering; Corey Martin, MartinFederal; Randall McGinnis, Echota Technologies; Michael Schlitz, Ingenium; Paul Rollinson, XCEL Engineering; Greg Turner, UT-Battelle Chief Finance Officer; Thomas Scott, LRS Federal; Keith Joy, ORNL Small Business Program Manager. (hi-res image)
The mentor protégé program is a DOE initiative designed to assist energy related companies in an effort to enhance their capability to perform contracts and subcontracts for the laboratory.
"Through our mentor protégé program, small businesses are able to broaden their capabilities while competing for new contracts," said ORNL Director Thom Mason. "It's a guide for federal contracting and working with a national lab. We gain valued business partners with the skills needed to support our work for DOE and also other customers."
Companies eligible for the mentor protégé selection are small disadvantaged businesses, 8(a) minority businesses, women owned businesses, Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), other minority institutions of higher learning and small business concerns owned and operated by service disabled veterans.
Companies selected as ORNL mentor protégés for 2008 are:
• C. Gibb Consultants, Knoxville, Tenn. A woman-owned Small Business, C. Gibb Consultants performs tasks including process improvement facilitation, quality assurance program development, operational assessments and configuration and records management.
• Echota Technologies LLC, Alcoa, Tenn. This Small Disadvantaged Business serves as a security technology test facility while working in business operations and planning along with operations, training and security.
• XCEL Engineering Inc., Oak Ridge, Tenn. A Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, XCEL Engineering provides technical services, construction management and environmental compliance with a specialty in air quality.
• LRS Federal Inc., of Annapolis, Md. A Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, it performs program and project management, construction management and environmental services.
• Martin Federal of Dadeville, Ala. A Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, Martin Federal is involved with information technology and information security solutions, governance control assistance and intelligence.
• Ingenium Professional Services Inc., Knoxville, Tenn. A Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, this company performs facility operations, regulatory compliance and technical and design engineering.
• Envision Engineering Inc., Oliver Springs, Tenn. This Women Owned Small Business provides mechanical engineering and analysis, project management and professional engineering software training.